Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Did Tesla Just Kill Nuclear Power?  

Author Topic: Did Tesla Just Kill Nuclear Power?  (Read 28266 times)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Did Tesla Just Kill Nuclear Power?
« Reply #50 on: Nov 04, 2016, 03:54 »

What are you drawing? Is that some kind of indigenous species only found in Hawaii?  ;)

why yes it is,...

it's the tooqwikeetypeegottagettoapplb ees bird,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Nov 05, 2016, 10:45 »
Depreciation Credit   -2.06
Rate Realignment Surcharge/Credit   0.15
Renewable Energy Surcharge   0.86
Low-Income Energy Assistance Fund   0.96
Nuclear Decommissioning Surcharge   2.94
Energy Optimization Surcharge   4.08
Monthly Service Charge   7.25
State Sales Tax   11.94
Power Supply Cost Recovery   26.11
Delivery Services   56.45
Power Supply Services   202.63
Current Electric Charges Due   311.31

10/21/2016   311.31
9/22/2016   473.11
8/23/2016   452.46
7/26/2016   566.27
6/23/2016   417.79
5/24/2016   281.29
4/22/2016   303.24
3/23/2016   209.56
2/23/2016   -59.39
1/25/2016   412.14
12/22/2015   351.26
11/19/2015   258.67
 One Year Total: $3,977.71

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #52 on: Nov 06, 2016, 01:08 »
wow.....to be fair I also pay about 700 a year for propane, but propane has been cheap recently....my electric bill usually won't go over 300 but never goes below 60.....  damm that nuclear decom charge must really burn yer britches. 

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #53 on: Nov 06, 2016, 01:36 »
.....  damm that nuclear decom charge must really burn yer britches. 

not hardly,...

nuclear DnD has paid the bills at my house(s) for 21 of the last 25 years,...[coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #54 on: Nov 06, 2016, 12:39 »
yeah i was being ironical.  but that's none of my business

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #55 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:47 »

Price curve bending down faster than expected ???

Price of Tesla’s solar shingles may not be through the roof

When Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled new solar shingles three weeks ago, the big question that wasn't answered was how much it would cost. Consumer Reports suggested the upfront cost could be upwards of $70,000, before incentives.

Now, Musk is saying the roof could cost much less. In fact, Musk said the company's solar roof - whose solar modules will be a key product made at the RiverBend solar panel factory when it opens next year - could wind up costing less than putting a conventional roof on a home.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/18/musks-solar-roof-may-not-pricey/

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #56 on: Nov 20, 2016, 11:48 »
Smells musky to me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #57 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:42 »
Smells musky to me.

Depends apun your point of view.  ;)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #58 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:11 »
Smells musky to me.

as in Edmund?!?!?!?!?,.....(sic)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #59 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:15 »

type

"elimination of retail net metering for solar power"

into your browser,...

that change is the wave of the future, it's already being done in Nevada and others,...

as I typed before:

eventually the fun part of "gettin off the grid" is that the government begins to see that loss of revenue and finds new and creative ways of getting it back ala electric cars, hybrid cars and ultra fuel efficient cars:

and also, "elimination of retail net metering for residential solar power",...

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #60 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:22 »
type

"elimination of retail net metering for solar power"

into your browser,...

that change is the wave of the future, it's already being done in Nevada and others,...

as I typed before:

and also, "elimination of retail net metering for residential solar power",...

I think we had this discussion I didn't agree then either.

[coffee]

But then what would be the fun in that if I did  ;)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #61 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:34 »
oh yeah that fight has been coming for awhile. not just retail for net metering, there are fees proposed and all kinds of ways local gov and utilities are bucking rez solar.   that is why a good system with a battery could change everything.  no grid nesc.  I do see why they want some help paying for the infrastructure but some of the proposed fees look crazy.  a couple co-ops in IA and WI have proposed charges close to 90$ a month.  WOW!  looks like peeps in NV will be ok if they already had a system in place.  but new solar looking bad in NV.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #62 on: Nov 21, 2016, 05:58 »
oh yeah that fight has been coming for awhile. not just retail for net metering, there are fees proposed and all kinds of ways local gov and utilities are bucking rez solar.   that is why a good system with a battery could change everything.  no grid nesc.  I do see why they want some help paying for the infrastructure but some of the proposed fees look crazy.  a couple co-ops in IA and WI have proposed charges close to 90$ a month.  WOW!  looks like peeps in NV will be ok if they already had a system in place.  but new solar looking bad in NV.

"going off the grid" is a political stunt influenced by time, place and culture,...

as the pendulum swings it becomes easier to convince an ignorant (or brainwashed) electorate that persons "off the grid" are still wreaking environmental havoc, and should be assessed an "environmental impact" fee,...

so, there you are, self contained and self sufficient and only wanting to be left alone in some small but self important aspects of your existence,...

and then, the always revenue hungry government, convinces people living in the same county as you, but residing in a 28,000 population city that is 28 miles away from you, that you need to contribute and "share the pain" with an "environmental impact" fee,...

and then there were pension plans; for a fortunate few, for a golden moment in time, the American worker could show up to work, do a good job, and retire out with a decent pension and some years of quietly growing roses and guiding grandchildren,...

yeah, not so much anymore, not even an expectation; time, place and culture,....it's changed,...

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2017, 10:13 »

When Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled new solar shingles three weeks ago, the big question that wasn't answered was how much it would cost. Consumer Reports suggested the upfront cost could be upwards of $70,000, before incentives.

Now, Musk is saying the roof could cost much less. In fact, Musk said the company's solar roof - whose solar modules will be a key product made at the RiverBend solar panel factory when it opens next year - could wind up costing less than putting a conventional roof on a home.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/18/musks-solar-roof-may-not-pricey/

Tesla solar roof prices come in cheaper than some had expected

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/tesla-solar-roof-prices-come-in-cheaper-than-some-had-expected/ar-BBAZrw8?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2017, 05:15 »

Tesla solar roof prices come in cheaper than some had expected

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/tesla-solar-roof-prices-come-in-cheaper-than-some-had-expected/ar-BBAZrw8?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I'm not seeing how it adds up, then again I'm pumping 72+ hours a week just now,...

from the referenced article:

....For Tesla, one of the obvious barriers to achieving that is cost. Previously, Consumer Reports had determined that a textured glass tile solar roof should cost no more than $73,500, including installation, to be competitive with an asphalt roof. That price factors in the about $2,000 a year a household would save on electricity bills in some of the country's more favorable solar markets, such as California, Texas and North Carolina.....

from DOE via NAHB:

http://eyeonhousing.org/2015/03/average-monthly-electrical-bill-by-state-2013/

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/sales_revenue_price/

California average monthly electric bill - $90/mo X 12 = 1080/year

if you install a Tesla roof the electric company pays you 920 dollars per year?!?!?!

how is that a sustainable business model for an electricity generation operator?!?!?!?!?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2017, 10:09 »
I'm not seeing how it adds up, then again I'm pumping 72+ hours a week just now,...

from the referenced article:

....For Tesla, one of the obvious barriers to achieving that is cost. Previously, Consumer Reports had determined that a textured glass tile solar roof should cost no more than $73,500, including installation, to be competitive with an asphalt roof. That price factors in the about $2,000 a year a household would save on electricity bills in some of the country's more favorable solar markets, such as California, Texas and North Carolina.....

from DOE via NAHB:

http://eyeonhousing.org/2015/03/average-monthly-electrical-bill-by-state-2013/

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/sales_revenue_price/

if you install a Tesla roof the electric company pays you 920 dollars per year?!?!?!

how is that a sustainable business model for an electricity generation operator?!?!?!?!?

It's still out of the reach of most of us as the cost includes savings over the lifetime of the roof. A significant amount of cost reduction before it reaches general use due to upfront cost, but that has been the nature of many new technologies that have eventually become mainstream.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2017, 09:01 »

yeah, love this $2k/year savings argument. my bill ain't as hi as the quoted cali rate. aye dew knot live in an optimum solar generation sight, butt eye haven't herd bout a brake on the install price. sew my tilt is still new clear.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #67 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:43 »
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019, 11:43 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #68 on: Oct 31, 2019, 12:51 »
Tesla’s new Solar Roof costs less than a new roof plus solar panels, aims for install rate of 1K per week

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/25/teslas-new-solar-roof-costs-less-than-a-new-roof-plus-solar-panels-aims-for-install-rate-of-1k-per-week/

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #69 on: Oct 31, 2019, 05:51 »
More like when you find a cruise on-line for 199.99, but the final total is 942.37.  I don't buy it.

TVA

« Reply #70 on: Oct 31, 2019, 06:43 »
More like when you find a cruise on-line for 199.99, but the final total is 942.37.  I don't buy it.

You realize thats an ignorant comparison right?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #71 on: Oct 31, 2019, 07:35 »

I think that declining cost is what is key here, not that there is a Moore's Law for solar but declining cost for technological products is the norm. Cost still too high for me but they have it down to the cost of a new roof and solar panels added which puts it in a price range for more people. Not sure there are any hidden costs as in your post.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #72 on: Nov 01, 2019, 05:53 »
High cost plus a dearth of design choices will still keep "normal" folks from buying this roof, the virtue signallers will buy it just as they bought a Prius to sit in the garage alongside the H2. It's a limited application roof, so if I have a standout Tudor style home with a chic correct slate roof for 545k and then down the street is another Tudor with a blaugh ugly Tesla roof for 526K, I'm buying the correct roof and I'll find other ways to prove my "environmental sensitivity" other than coming home to a blaugh ugly, frikin 5k per month Tudor, with a fat, bulky, gray, fake lookin' and fake it is, gawd dam where'd you get those fat ass ugly shingles, roof!!?!???!??.....

now.....a bunch of gov't subsidized Leviitt tract houses in the flatlands of Iowa?!?!?!?

yeah, they'll all be virtue signalling, gov't subsidized, blaugh ugly roof domiciles,.....

plus strip malls, empire zones, special economic zones and anywhere else that tax exemptions, rebates, subsidies, etc. are a better concern than aesthetics,....

you know, like she sheds,.....
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2019, 04:49 by GLW »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #73 on: Nov 01, 2019, 11:14 »
You know what TVA, you are the last person to be calling somebody on here ignorant!  You ignore anything that shows you are wrong, and embrace anytime something shows you are right.  You really do remind me of a broken watch...exactly right TWICE a day.  Except you are more vocal about it when you are right.

As for Tesla, this guy's cons actually remind me of you.  He does the same thing to a point.  Although he has many pros you will never have.  The last 2 times he put out this roof he said the same types of things...cheap, groundbreaking,etc. etc...why should I believe him the third time?  I will never believe Tesla until his product is out there and has been used by AT LEAST tens of thousands of people.  Because he always pumps it up with alot of hot air.   The truth will be shown in how this roof fares when it comes out into the real world and we see how things go for a couple of years MINIMUM.  That is how it usually goes with "ground breaking" Tesla products.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?