Career Path > Outages

vendors, please post PAY RANGES in your ads

<< < (2/10) > >>

SloGlo:
wail, hail! if vendors listed pay, then they'd be locked in to that number. if they posted a range, they wood have to sell they're butts off to get people two take the low end of the range. aye cannot sea postings changing four these reasons. >:(

Content1:
It is similar to what went on with gas prices.  Until they were mandated to post them on signs visible from the street, you had to drive up to the pump to compare.  Look at all the gas wasted searching. 

In a similar manner, vendors usually will tell you if you call, but it is awkward to ask the pay rate then hang up if it is too low.  Then you have to form a personal matrix of the wages verses the cost of the local area.  They want to make it hard so you just take the first one that accepts you.

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: Content1 on May 07, 2015, 12:25 ---It is similar to what went on with gas prices.  Until they were mandated to post them on signs visible from the street, you had to drive up to the pump to compare.  Look at all the gas wasted searching.  

In a similar manner, vendors usually will tell you if you call, but it is awkward to ask the pay rate then hang up if it is too low.  Then you have to form a personal matrix of the wages verses the cost of the local area.  They want to make it hard so you just take the first one that accepts you.

--- End quote ---

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-do-gas-stations-post-their-outrageous-prices-because-well-they-always-have/

And yes, I am off-topic :P

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: Content1 on May 07, 2015, 12:25 ---It is similar to what went on with gas prices.  Until they were mandated to post them on signs visible from the street, you had to drive up to the pump to compare.  Look at all the gas wasted searching.  

In a similar manner, vendors usually will tell you if you call, but it is awkward to ask the pay rate then hang up if it is too low.  Then you have to form a personal matrix of the wages verses the cost of the local area.  They want to make it hard so you just take the first one that accepts you.

--- End quote ---
make sure they have your name n number before yew hang up on a low baller. then he can tell the client he has a promising candidate for a higher price.
bye the way, eye can remember pulling over two fill up when I saw 19 cents on the sign by the rode.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: SloGlo on May 07, 2015, 09:24 ---make sure they have your name n number before yew hang up on a low baller. then he can tell the client he has a promising candidate for a higher price.
--- End quote ---

That has worked for me.  I've told them to call me when the price was $$, and they have.

--- Quote from: SloGlo on May 07, 2015, 09:24 ---bye the way, eye can remember pulling over two fill up when I saw 19 cents on the sign by the rode.
--- End quote ---

You are old.  The price of gas hasn't been below 80 cents since before 1979.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

From 1979 to 2002 the price was steady around a dollar.

It went from 1.20 in 2002 to 4.80 in 2009. Thanks Obama George W.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version