Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Lay Offs honeypot

Poll

What is the worst lay off experience you've ever had?

No notice
22 (44%)
Day after Christmas/Holiday
7 (14%)
After returning from vacation
6 (12%)
After returning from sick leave
2 (4%)
Other
13 (26%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Lay Offs  (Read 24112 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Lay Offs
« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 2006, 06:30 »
Be careful and I'll see you soon!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2006, 02:07 »
it took me a while to think uva bad layoff, but eye finally got won.  i wuz at farley cuvoring refule ops 'n nodded off watching the bridge go back forth, back 'n forth.  apparently, one of the operators called the site hp boss who met me at the sop while eye wuz doffing.  when meeting with him, he recommended that i go shud go home.   three days later i got a call phrum rad services wanting to know ware i wuz.  i toll them eye wuz in my kitchen, tawkeen ona fone two them.  they axed me why sew i repeated the story.  den da r.s.i. rep sayed that i wuzn't supposed to go home, home, i wuz suppost to go back to the motel.  i toll  him eye wasn't staying at a motel, i had been at da country club, but it wuz ok, i fourgave him fer his oversite 'n lack of consern uv the companies employee, witch were alwaz being sayed were the mostest valuable asset.  sew, he says da i shud consider myself layed off.  duh, 'n double duh!  when dat didn't git me upset, he told me that i shul report to calvert cliffs in two weeks.  dat got me upset, go to werk in too weaks!  dang!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2006, 04:56 »
We will keep the light on for you!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?