Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu 2 billion-year-old African nuclear reactor honeypot

Author Topic: 2 billion-year-old African nuclear reactor  (Read 12382 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
2 billion-year-old African nuclear reactor
« on: Jun 06, 2015, 09:58 »
2 billion-year-old African nuclear reactor proves that Mother Nature still has a few tricks up her sleeve

http://mobile.extremetech.com/latest/221330-2-billion-year-old-african-nuclear-reactor-proves-that-mother-nature-still-has-a-few-tricks-up-her-sleeve

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: 2 billion-year-old African nuclear reactor
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2015, 10:35 »
the article closes thusly:

....While we tend to think of more advanced tech as being necessarily less natural, the reality is that bleeding edge science is essentially all about harnessing the universe’s most fundamental forces. Solar is the ultimate engine of life, while fusion powers the universe itself. Similarly, we shouldn’t assume that fission is an intrinsically man-made process, or that the universe is unfamiliar with it. In Oklo and perhaps elsewhere, nature still has lessons worth learning.

Sorry Mr. Templeton, the only person(s) making such assumptions are those educated beyond their intelligence,...

the rest of us already know,...

we do not deny, we simply acknowledge a fundamentally higher and absolute power and mechanism is involved than humble homo sapiens,...

always has been, always will be,...

we just get to go along for the ride,.... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Content1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2015, 10:27 »
Will they need HP's to help with the decommissioning?

BuddyThePug

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2015, 01:20 »
I wonder how the S/Gs look?  ;)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2015, 10:11 »
Will they need HP's to help with the decommissioning?

I think SAFSTOR alleviated the need for HPs. ;)

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2015, 01:52 »
According to God, the Reactor should have went "online" 4 Billions years ago but long haired, hippie, caveman protesters caused delays at the construction site.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2015, 03:25 »
According to God, the Reactor should have went "online" 4 Billions years ago.

Actually, according to God's word, the Earth is only about 6,000 years old....

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

nukewood

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2015, 04:19 »
FYI in Hebrew the word for " day" is yom. Yom can be translated as day. year. month eons , etc. Therefore a day could be as a thousand years. The Hebrew to Greek to English translations lose a lot .

Content1

« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2015, 04:38 »
According to God, the Reactor should have went "online" 4 Billions years ago but long haired, hippie, caveman protesters caused delays at the construction site.

Back  then natural enrichment was about 17% U235 as the Earth was not too old.  No  need for the CANDU design that was not invented for about 2 billion years in the future.  The 5 REM/year limits not needed either, as life consisted of one-celled animals who planned no multi-celled creatures for 2 billion more years.  Evolution was slow as it was following more liberal growth policies.  500 million years ago the first conservative cell spontaneously generated to create the first capitalist gene; the rest is history.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2015, 05:20 »
Back  then natural enrichment was about 17% U235 as the Earth was not too old.  

Which in a roundabout way is why I do NOT believe the earth is 4-point-whatever billion years old. If it were, there would be lots of Oklos dotting the landscape, and instead of abundant uranium mines, we'd find lots of cesium and barium and neodymium veins in high concentrations all over the place. The hypothesis that 'water seeps fortuitously moderated the Oklo pile, until they didn't' also doesn't hold heavy water, otherwise the Centennial deposit in Colorado (nice and shallow around 120-600 ft below grade [spoiler]http://www.nunnglow.com/uranium-mining/the-centennial-project.html[/spoiler] would have constantly been wetted while the T-rexs of Wyoming were wading in the stuff back in the good ol' days. They'd be digging up hot waste, not market grade U3O8.

As was discussed some time back in https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,25238.msg129073.html#msg129073 and  http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/08/neutrinos-and-solar-storms one of the variables used in determining rock age by radiometric dating and use of isotope ratios, would seem to be out the window if there were significant changes to tau neutrino flux. Since science is still making new analytical discoveries about neutrino convergence and conversion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino_oscillation, there are other variables to consider. What was Earth's magnetic field density, solar magnetic field strength, was an AU always the same distance from the Sun, etc. Significant plasma tails from Mercury, Venus, Thera, Nibiru ( a la Velikovsky, Sitchin and others)?. Too many variables. Well, back to my steaming bowl of leftover 'Primordial Soup'

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2015, 05:39 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2015, 05:57 »
Actually, according to God's word, the Earth is only about 6,000 years old....

Fortunately we know better.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Chimera

« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2015, 07:32 »
Fortunately we know better.

Justin

We know so many things that just aren't so.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2015, 07:47 »
We know so many things that just aren't so.

This isn't one of them.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2015, 11:58 »
I honestly can't believe that this conversation is happening on Nukeworker.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Content1

« Reply #14 on: Jun 08, 2015, 12:56 »
I honestly can't believe that this conversation is happening on Nukeworker.

It is more fun than arguing if the job pays per diem or not.  Imagine getting even a penny per diem a day for 2 billion years.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2015, 07:26 »
It is more fun than arguing if the job pays per diem or not.  Imagine getting even a penny per diem a day for 2 billion years.

If I should live so long as to collect a penny per day of per diem,...

Then I doubt that penny per day should have any real significance in my wealth accumulation skills over that time interval,...

If it did have real significance, then I probably should have been scheduled for extinction after penny number 182,500,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2015, 08:12 »

$7.3e9

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2015, 09:36 »
FYI in Hebrew the word for " day" is yom. Yom can be translated as day. year. month eons , etc. Therefore a day could be as a thousand years. The Hebrew to Greek to English translations lose a lot .

A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night. Psalm 90:4

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2015, 08:47 »

Imagine the tax penalties and interest from when your Site Coordinator didn't submit the right PD paperwork back in the Permian Era, and your documentation is now lignite coal ;)

Content1

« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2015, 01:09 »
Imagine the tax penalties and interest from when your Site Coordinator didn't submit the right PD paperwork back in the Permian Era, and your documentation is now lignite coal ;)

They may claim it was a long term job that didn't offer per diem, especially since currency wouldn't be invented until ancient Egypt.

Chimera

« Reply #20 on: Jun 10, 2015, 12:44 »
I wonder if all them natural reactors are what wiped out the dinosaurs . . .

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 10, 2015, 12:58 »
I wonder if all them natural reactors are what wiped out the dinosaurs . . .

Nah! It just mutated them into chickens.   [Dance]

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #22 on: Jun 10, 2015, 09:29 »
two bad science hasn't figured out how too measure global warming that far back in time, only back about 6e8 years. betcha those babies ramped up the temperature a few degrees calvin.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #23 on: Jun 11, 2015, 11:02 »
two bad science hasn't figured out how too measure global warming that far back in time, only back about 6e8 years. betcha those babies ramped up the temperature a few degrees calvin.

But would one natural reactor be a significant factor compared to dinosaur flatulence.    [tardis]

8)

Chimera

« Reply #24 on: Jun 11, 2015, 12:25 »
dinosaurs didn't flattulate - they breathed fire - don't you nothin' 'bout dragons?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?