Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best Cafeteria?
honeypot

Author Topic: Best Cafeteria?  (Read 13248 times)

SpringChinook

Best Cafeteria?
« on: Jun 20, 2015, 10:34 »
Which plant has the BEST cafeteria food and why!?  Which plant has the WORST cafeteria food and why!?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Best Cafeteria?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2015, 11:11 »
beaver valley has to rank at the bottom of the list as they have know cafeteria, machine cuisine is all that's offered on site.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2015, 12:19 »
Which plant has the BEST cafeteria food and why!?  Which plant has the WORST cafeteria food and why!?

This has been discussed before.  It's #1 Diablo Canyon, and I think #2 Palo Verde.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,415.0.html

However, it's been a while, and things change.... so let's hear it.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2015, 12:22 by Rennhack »

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2015, 07:57 »
Always liked Cooks cooking crew. Watts Bar Unit 2 comes in last with no cafeteria at all.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2015, 11:26 »
Watts Bar Unit 2 comes in last with no cafeteria at all.

Doesn't Etta's count for both units? They will let you pre-order at the EQB and it's no big deal to walk thru the turbine to pick it up at lunch time...

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2015, 11:26 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2015, 11:39 »
Best - Millstone (huge and had many....many options and the food was actually quality)

Worst - Beaver Valley (they didn't even have one when I was there)
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2015, 11:42 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2015, 09:31 »
This has been discussed before.  It's #1 Diablo Canyon, and I think #2 Palo Verde.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,415.0.html

However, it's been a while, and things change.... so let's hear it.

Palo Verde could have been #1 now except for one thing: If you work inside the fence you can't use it! With the current security arrangements it takes you approximately 30-45 minutes to get out to the Caf from any of the three units!
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2015, 02:47 »
Back then!  The PV Cafeteria was inside the fence, so it was a hop, skip, and/or jump, especially by bike.  For the folks outside the fence, it took a little bit longer.  But then again, that was in the late 80's early 90's, then it was the number 1, hands down.  Could even get a great breakfast before you went home or if you came in early!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2015, 02:56 »
Turkey Point,Diablo Canyon,Brunswick.

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 08:00 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

SpringChinook

« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2015, 01:19 »
My vote would go to Palo Verde...if only it was inside the gate...

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2015, 09:59 »
Spanky  come on Brunswick ????  Maybe many years ago it was okay, but not so much now. In fact last outage they added a new twist when all the tables were removed from the cafeteria. After a couple of weeks the tables were modified to bar height, then all the chairs were removed forcing everyone to stand while they ate their meals.  It added immeasurably to the dining experience.

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2015, 04:03 »
Back then!  The PV Cafeteria was inside the fence, so it was a hop, skip, and/or jump, especially by bike.  For the folks outside the fence, it took a little bit longer.  But then again, that was in the late 80's early 90's, then it was the number 1, hands down.  Could even get a great breakfast before you went home or if you came in early!

Having been at PV since before there was a protected area, I respectfully disagree. The cafeteria was originally in Building E (or "the Annex" as it was called then), but it was never inside the PA.

Cheers!  :)
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 2015, 09:10 »
Having been at PV since before there was a protected area, I respectfully disagree. The cafeteria was originally in Building E (or "the Annex" as it was called then), but it was never inside the PA.

Cheers!  :)

That is the way I remember it also.
LM

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2015, 06:04 »
Spanky  come on Brunswick ????  Maybe many years ago it was okay, but not so much now. In fact last outage they added a new twist when all the tables were removed from the cafeteria. After a couple of weeks the tables were modified to bar height, then all the chairs were removed forcing everyone to stand while they ate their meals.  It added immeasurably to the dining experience.
Brunswick used to have the best breakfast. We would stay over after nightshift just to eat. Must have really changed.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2015, 12:42 »
At one time Fermi had a good one inside the fence and a decent one in the training building

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2015, 12:19 »
Turkey point back in the day
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Jun 30, 2015, 11:15 »
Turkey point back in the day

And at one point it cost contractors more than house people.  That did change.  The NOC did have a nice one.  They added on and redid the whole building.
LM

Offline Hasher

• Light User
  • Livin' the dream...
« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2015, 12:45 »
Been way to long for me to be an authority on who has the best, but I was on a training session at Pilgrim and thought the food was fantastic.  Still a small cafeteria just like the last time I was there in the 90's, but ran by two chefs who made really great food at a fair price.
Cheers,

Hasher

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #18 on: Jul 10, 2015, 10:11 »
Been way to long for me to be an authority on who has the best, but I was on a training session at Pilgrim and thought the food was fantastic.  Still a small cafeteria just like the last time I was there in the 90's, but ran by two chefs who made really great food at a fair price.

Last time I was at Pilgrim there was no cafeteria.

Of course that was a LONG time ago.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Bigmike363

• Lurker
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2015, 03:51 »
Always liked Cooks cooking crew. Watts Bar Unit 2 comes in last with no cafeteria at all.

I agree DC Cooke has the best cafeteria, worst is Monticello, they don't have one, but a lot of restaurants nearby to call out to and some will deliver to the gate.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Jul 15, 2015, 09:03 »

I agree DC Cooke has the best cafeteria, worst is Monticello, they don't have one, but a lot of restaurants nearby to call out to and some will deliver to the gate.

When I was at Pilgrim in the late 80s early 90s they had one.  It was upstairs outside of the admin building looking out on the ocean.  It did provide a unique viewing of a couple going at it one day out on the breakwater.  Guards were sent to break it up.  Public had access to it back then.
LM

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Jul 15, 2015, 12:29 »
I agree DC Cooke has the best cafeteria

You need to get out more. I like Cook, but their cafeteria is terrible.  Not even close to top 10, let alone best.  The view of Lake Michigan is nice, but you cant judge a food vendor on their view.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?