Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Allergy Medical Waiver

Author Topic: Allergy Medical Waiver  (Read 3093 times)

Connotate

Allergy Medical Waiver
« on: Jun 25, 2015, 05:29 »
Hello I scored a 95 on my afqt and I have a strong desire to go NUC despite the monotony of the job, I was permanently disqualified at MEPS due to my history of anaphylaxis with fish, I recently got allergy testing done and my recruiter resubmitted for a waiver and I would like to know what are my next steps as I wait in med hold limbo.

The allergy testing shows Im allergic to damn near everything however, my doctor tested me for fish and non of the allergic reactions are life threatening

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: Allergy Medical Waiver
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2015, 05:55 »
I'll be honest, if you're allergic to damn near everything, this is not the job for you. While the reaction might not be life threatening (yet), you would be miserable but functional pretty much all the time at best, at worst, you'd be miserable and non-functional. There's also the possibility that with the constant exposure, your reactions end up life threatening.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Allergy Medical Waiver
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2015, 09:15 »
Military service ain't going to happen. I'll bet the OP a Nebraska buffet lunch on that.

On the other hand, one of the advertisers on this very site with a big green banner ad has an excellent "Online Nuclear Technology Program" that is a great segue into the nuclear industry.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?