Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Long-term low-dose radiation exposure may increase leukemia risk

Author Topic: Long-term low-dose radiation exposure may increase leukemia risk  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
For those interested I found the source, a little long and dry I have only scanned it so far.

Ionising radiation and risk of death from leukaemia and lymphoma in radiation-monitored workers (INWORKS): an international cohort study

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhae/article/PIIS2352-3026(15)00094-0/fulltext

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 06:04 by HydroDave63 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
"Large study of nuclear workers shows that even tiny doses slightly boost risk of leukemia." - Nature

slightly and significant usually don't go hand in hand; there has to be an insane amount of extremely accurate data over an extremely large period over time to get me to ever buy "slightly".  if you look at the people doing the study it is hard not to come to the conclusion that there people are just grinding that axe in the direction of the outcome they are hoping for.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2477686/

The first comment in one of the articles posted by you states the study proves Hormesis in it but is ignored by the authors. May give the study but not the conclusion some validity.

Just more Anti-Nuke propaganda. The same journal released the vaccinations cause autism study.....which also turned out to be horsesh*t.

http://atomicinsights.com/doctors-petitioning-nrc-to-revise-radiation-protection-regulations/

http://atomicinsights.com/leukemia-and-lymphoma-study-recently-published-in-lancet-being-strong-challenged-by-sari/

"Immediate reactions to this study:

1. Even by their own statistics, there is no significant Excess Relative Risk of any disease, including chronic myeloid leukemia, any dose less than 50 mGy.

2. Two of the four disease categories studied (non-Hodgkins lymphoma and multiple myeloma) had ERRs of less than 1, indicating hormesis effect from low doses. Further, since non-Hodgkins lymphoma is the deadliest of the studied diseases, the overall ERR, from all studied diseases, is also less than 1! (ERR=0.78 from my computation).

So this large study indicates hormesis in the data, but the authors do an excellent job of burying the lede."
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 06:23 by Marlin »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
I read that breathing a mixture of 78 percent nitrogen and 21 percent oxygen can give you cancer.... as well as ingesting Dihydrogen monoxide.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 06:38 by Rennhack »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
I read that breathing a mixture of 78 percent nitrogen and 21 percent oxygen can give you cancer.....

yeah, but it's that slow chronic, boring stuff,... [coffee]

not like that acute rush you get at 24% oxygen,...

:P ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 07:01 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
awl aye no is that every thyme eye axe any professional associated with pathology iffen they wood bee interested in studying my body after death, knowing my career level exposure, the resounding n recurring answer is 'no, you do not and will not have enough  exposure to warrant any study'.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
as well as ingesting Dihydrogen monoxide.

Excessive ingestion may cause drowning.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
I read that breathing a mixture of 78 percent nitrogen and 21 percent oxygen can give you cancer.... as well as ingesting Dihydrogen monoxide.

Excessive ingestion may cause drowning.

that which does not kill you only makes you stronger,...

then it kills you anyway,... [coffee]
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2015, 10:00 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?