Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Civilian RCT, PNS/Pearl honeypot

Author Topic: Civilian RCT, PNS/Pearl  (Read 4334 times)

Offline DKeatonJ

• Lurker
Civilian RCT, PNS/Pearl
« on: Jul 17, 2015, 12:39 »
Anyone have experience working as an RCT at Portsmouth or Pearl Harbor?  I applied and accepted tentative offers from both but am trying to decide between the two and was wondering how the two shipyards compare (and more generally life as a civilian RCT, too)  :)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Civilian RCT, PNS/Pearl
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2015, 09:26 »
thinking about the difference between new england and hawaii..... yeah, I know where I wood go!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline DKeatonJ

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2015, 01:23 »
thinking about the difference between new england and hawaii..... yeah, I know where I wood go!

You're lucky -- between the extremely high cost of living (even with locality) on one hand and the nor'easters on the other, it's still a toss-up for me  ;)

Offline Matticus

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2015, 12:56 »
I was a military RCT at Pearl, so a bit different. Most of the civilians that had been there a while seemed to like it. Some of the newer hires were looking to leave. I loved it there though. Decent amounts of OT available (Mil RCTs accrued comp time.) The locality pay is not really much though, so the high cost of living is keeping me from returning as a civilian RCT. I am single income with a wife and 2 kids, so I just cant afford it there anymore. If you are dual income or just single, I would say go for it. If you work at Pearl and have a bad day at work, you get off of work and you are in Hawaii.

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2015, 07:07 »
Let your wife decide

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?