Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Where did the 10 years all go!  

Author Topic: Where did the 10 years all go!  (Read 4554 times)

thenuttyneutron

Where did the 10 years all go!
« on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:51 »
Today I was looking for a discussion on the Molten Salt reactors and discovered that it had been moved to the Gold Member Section.  In my search for the topic I also noticed that I joined nukeworker.com on April 10, 2005.  I am surprised at how quickly the last decade passed by.

In the last 10 years I went from being a college grad to Reactor Operator.  I started my nuke career on July 25, 2005 as an AO.  I took the written portion of my NRC exam on July 20, 2009 which is 4 days short of working in the industry for 4 years.  This quarter will be my last with an active license because I accepted a new job in Lisle, IL.

I can only imagine how much will change for nuclear power in the next decade. I have run the nuclear gauntlet for 10 years in Operations.  I believe that nuclear power is our country's energy future.  We are just waiting for America to figure it out.  We just have to keep working safely until that day comes.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Where did the 10 years all go!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2015, 09:20 »
Today I was looking for a discussion on the Molten Salt reactors and discovered that it had been moved to the Gold Member Section.  In my search for the topic I also noticed that I joined nukeworker.com on April 10, 2005.  I am surprised at how quickly the last decade passed by.

In the last 10 years I went from being a college grad to Reactor Operator.  I started my nuke career on July 25, 2005 as an AO.  I took the written portion of my NRC exam on July 20, 2009 which is 4 days short of working in the industry for 4 years.  This quarter will be my last with an active license because I accepted a new job in Lisle, IL.

I can only imagine how much will change for nuclear power in the next decade. I have run the nuclear gauntlet for 10 years in Operations.  I believe that nuclear power is our country's energy future.  We are just waiting for America to figure it out.  We just have to keep working safely until that day comes.

History & Trivia

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,38859.0.html

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2015, 09:48 »

Are you still going to be in the nuclear industry? I'm always curious as to what kind of jobs people pursue when leaving this industry.

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2015, 11:50 »
I will still be in the nuclear industry.  I will not be working for a Utility  ;).
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2015, 11:51 by Nutty Neutron »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2015, 02:15 »
...... I have run the nuclear gauntlet for 10 years in Operations.  I believe that nuclear power is our country's energy future.  We are just waiting for America to figure it out.....

some have been waiting for 30+ years,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2015, 03:32 »
... or even 40+.

:old:
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2015, 10:47 »
I will still be in the nuclear industry.  I will not be working for a Utility  ;).
NRC?

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2015, 12:32 »
... or even 40+. :old:

Not quite 40+, but close!  Those canceled/stopped pre TMI were primarily for financial reasons.  Post TMI several were halted due to the "not in my back yard" reaction.  I'd still live nest to a Nuke as apposed to a coal burner!   :old:'er
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?