Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Newport News Shipbuilding Plans to Layoff 1,500 Workers honeypot

Author Topic: Newport News Shipbuilding Plans to Layoff 1,500 Workers  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Not good news for those of you working at Newport News, some of them are bound to be in the nuclear shops.

Newport News Shipbuilding Plans to Layoff 1,500 Workers

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/07/24/newport-news-shipbuilding-plans-to-layoff-1500-workers.html?ESRC=navy.nl

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Re: Newport News Shipbuilding Plans to Layoff 1,500 Workers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2015, 09:02 »
I started there when they did a refuel/overhaul of the Enterprise, 1990. I left when I made senior and luckily just prior to a wave of RP's being let go because of work load decreasing on the Enterprise. It gave me a start to a good career out here in commercial land.
I would just say this to any rad workers that will be needing to find employment...

1-800-225-0385  ;)
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?