Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Past drug use  

Author Topic: Past drug use  (Read 6675 times)

Offline zingy

• Lurker
Past drug use
« on: Jul 31, 2015, 09:10 »
Hello everyone,
Im currently 18 years old aspiring to get into the Navy Nuclear Program. I scored a 94 on my ASVAB too. When i was in high school i liked to try new things. I was young and dumb and quite honestly I am very ashamed of my past drug use. Every since the thought of joining the Navy popped into my head I quit my drug use. I made mistakes when I was in high school and i do not want those mistakes to cost me a chance at the program. All i want to do with my life right now is to be a Nuke. My past drug usage are the following: ecstasy( twice), Marijuana( more than 10), shrooms( 3 times), acid( 3 times), painkillers( twice). Now again that was my old life . I am so ashamed of it. I wish i could just erase that part of my life. Im a different person now. I want nothing to do with drugs. Now to the question. Will my past drug use eliminate me from getting into the Nuclear Power Program?
Thanks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Past drug use
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2015, 10:46 »
Will my past drug use eliminate me from getting into the Nuclear Power Program?

Yes.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015, 02:38 by Rennhack »

Offline el batman

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2015, 12:36 »
It will not 100% eliminate you from the program, however it will make things more difficult for you. You must ask yourself if: 1) Was I ever charged by the police and 2) Is there any record of drug use (either medical or recreational). If the answer to both of those is 'No' then you have a good chance of it never even bothering you. If you answered 'Yes' to either of those then you will want to speak to a recruiter to see if there are any waivers that can get you into the program.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2015, 05:27 »
Realize that if you don't admit to it up front and someone finds out about your past drug use, you're is for a rapid transition out of the military, with a loss of a lot of money.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2015, 06:40 »
It will not 100% eliminate you from the program, however it will make things more difficult for you. You must ask yourself if: 1) Was I ever charged by the police and 2) Is there any record of drug use (either medical or recreational). If the answer to both of those is 'No' then you have a good chance of it never even bothering you. If you answered 'Yes' to either of those then you will want to speak to a recruiter to see if there are any waivers that can get you into the program.

That implies that the person should lie about it.  They should not.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2015, 06:04 »
Hello everyone,
Im currently 18 years old aspiring to get into the Navy Nuclear Program. I scored a 94 on my ASVAB too. When i was in high school i liked to try new things. I was young and dumb and quite honestly I am very ashamed of my past drug use. Every since the thought of joining the Navy popped into my head I quit my drug use. I made mistakes when I was in high school and i do not want those mistakes to cost me a chance at the program. All i want to do with my life right now is to be a Nuke. My past drug usage are the following: ecstasy( twice), Marijuana( more than 10), shrooms( 3 times), acid( 3 times), painkillers( twice). Now again that was my old life . I am so ashamed of it. I wish i could just erase that part of my life. Im a different person now. I want nothing to do with drugs. Now to the question. Will my past drug use eliminate me from getting into the Nuclear Power Program?
Thanks

probably

Offline uptakeboy

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2015, 06:49 »
If you have no criminal record, don't worry about it.  The ranks would be thinned severely if anyone who had gotten high as a kid got rejected. Just keep your mouth shut and good luck.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2015, 07:20 »
If you have no criminal record, don't worry about it.  The ranks would be thinned severely if anyone who had gotten high as a kid got rejected. Just keep your mouth shut and good luck.

If you mean do not volunteer information not asked for, yes. If you mean lie, bad advice.

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015, 07:41 by Marlin »

BabaGhanoush

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2015, 07:43 »
I would recommend being honest with the recruiter and having an idea of other rates you would like to apply for, as a back up.

If you cannot imagine yourself being in the Navy with a different job, I do not recommend joining. Simply put, doing this job is much more tolerable, and even satisfying, if you appreciate what it is accomplishing.

Good luck.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?