Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu massive pay raise: fare oar fowl?

Author Topic: massive pay raise: fare oar fowl?  (Read 7418 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

ski2313

Re: massive pay raise: fare oar fowl?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2015, 03:13 »
fowl

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2015, 03:41 »
There are a number of people in our industry that do not know,or can remember, what a pay raise is because they happen so rarely to HPs.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2015, 08:26 »
I think  it was during the rein of Ramesses II, roughly 1285 BC when Pharoah had to  raise wages to put up with all the plagues of Moses.

nope, Pharaoh RIF'd 'em,.... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2015, 09:12 »
I think  it was during the rein of Ramesses II, roughly 1285 BC when Pharoah had to  raise wages to put up with all the plagues of Moses.
back inna day of cu/sn core loads....
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2015, 09:38 »
nope, Pharaoh RIF'd 'em,.... [coffee]

Right after the Pyramids were decommissioned early and replaced by windmills disguised as palm trees? ;)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2015, 11:45 »
Right after the Pyramids were decommissioned early and replaced by windmills disguised as palm trees? ;)

desert dry humor,... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2015, 02:34 »
There are a number of people in our industry that do not know,or can remember, what a pay raise is because they happen so rarely to HPs.

Waaaah - there is always the Dominican bench at Home Depot... [Flamer] [train]
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2015, 09:05 »
If you look into it, a lot of the more senior people are pretty upset about the raise. The problem is, the new, lowly workers, who would normally get minimum wage (or perhaps $20/hr) got a huge pay raise, whereas the more senior folk, who were already getting close to the $70k per year got tiny raises and now make the same amount for considerably more work and responsibility.

As a side note, if you look at the cities that just raised their minimum wage to $15/hr, there are a lot of workers asking for their hours to be cut so they can still get their low income benefits.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?