Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Medical discharge honeypot

Author Topic: Medical discharge  (Read 5590 times)

Offline Szappo24

• Lurker
Medical discharge
« on: Aug 16, 2015, 09:30 »
Hello everyone. I'm here stuck in limbo with my situation. I graduated boot camp January 30th and around the start of the new year I started to develop these spider bite looking spots. Thought  that it would go away in a few days so I let it be. A week later these extremely itchy spots had spread over my inner thighs, back of my butt, and even the penis and scrotum. I didn't want to get discharged in boot camp so I waited until I got to nuke school to get it evaluated. Upon arriving these spots have spread around my waistline, thighs, gential area, elbows,  and even ankles. Been to dermatology over a handful of times and here I am, 7 months into this condition and it hasn't been resolved. Dermatology took a biopsy and it came back with contact allergic dermatitis, even eczema. Doc set me up with an allergist for the following week. I don't know what this condition is, but it has made me itch everywhere intensely, cause a shortness of breath, and I'm unable to pay attention to the task at hand. Doc said I could possibly be separated for this. What's your guys opinion on this? Is this the end of the road for me?

Content1

Re: Medical discharge
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2015, 02:43 »
Your health is #1 priority in life, get it solved so you don't either die or end up on SSI.   You sound like you need better diagnosis, get a second opinion here.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2015, 08:21 »
Hello everyone. I'm here stuck in limbo with my situation. I graduated boot camp January 30th and around the start of the new year I started to develop these spider bite looking spots. Thought  that it would go away in a few days so I let it be. A week later these extremely itchy spots had spread over my inner thighs, back of my butt, and even the penis and scrotum. I didn't want to get discharged in boot camp so I waited until I got to nuke school to get it evaluated. Upon arriving these spots have spread around my waistline, thighs, gential area, elbows,  and even ankles. Been to dermatology over a handful of times and here I am, 7 months into this condition and it hasn't been resolved. Dermatology took a biopsy and it came back with contact allergic dermatitis, even eczema. Doc set me up with an allergist for the following week. I don't know what this condition is, but it has made me itch everywhere intensely, cause a shortness of breath, and I'm unable to pay attention to the task at hand. Doc said I could possibly be separated for this. What's your guys opinion on this? Is this the end of the road for me?

1. You won't be deployable if that is due to anaphylaxis. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anaphylaxis/basics/causes/con-20014324

2. As Content1 mentioned, your health is #1 priority. This thing sounds more like a immunological problem, not a rash problem. Not getting an NEC, going to sea and getting a Shellback card are the least of the worries at this point.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2015, 08:22 »
I had a classmate in Nuke school separated due to eczema. Take a look at the Laundry detergent you are using. I know a lot of people allergic to Tide laundry detergent. you may have to switch to a hypoallergenic brand.

I won't say I had a similar issue, but found out I was using way too much bleach in the washing and I had to go to medical to deal with the consequences.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 08:28 by Smart People »
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2015, 09:26 »
..... I don't know what this condition is, but it has made me itch everywhere intensely, cause a shortness of breath, and I'm unable to pay attention to the task at hand. Doc said I could possibly be separated for this. What's your guys opinion on this? Is this the end of the road for me?

I had a classmate in Nuke school separated due to eczema. Take a look at the Laundry detergent you are using. I know a lot of people allergic to Tide laundry detergent. you may have to switch to a hypoallergenic brand.

I won't say I had a similar issue, but found out I was using way too much bleach in the washing and I had to go to medical to deal with the consequences.

eeyup, laundry detergent could very well be it,...

the locations and the chronological manifestation of your dilemma are very similar to things I went through early in my Navy service,...

way back then, it was switching to Ivory Flakes (no longer manufactured) as my detergent, and foregoing the base laundry and pressing services that did the trick for me (Grandma's and Mom's suggestion),...

nowadays there are (perhaps) even better options, which I still avail myself of,...

why it takes doctors fifteen visits and chronic, never-ending, therapies to get the problem managed is beyond me,...

mom and granny figured it out the first time I mentioned it during my leave at home,...

it can and still does flare up on occasion, but it's way down on the list of problems, and it does not take much to backtrack and isolate the cause(s),...

good luck, and try to beat it into manageable submission, don't let it limit you, or compel you to become a slave to the doctors and their therapy income streams,...
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 09:31 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2015, 10:02 »
Hello everyone. I'm here stuck in limbo with my situation. I graduated boot camp January 30th and around the start of the new year I started to develop these spider bite looking spots. Thought  that it would go away in a few days so I let it be. A week later these extremely itchy spots had spread over my inner thighs, back of my butt, and even the penis and scrotum. I didn't want to get discharged in boot camp so I waited until I got to nuke school to get it evaluated. Upon arriving these spots have spread around my waistline, thighs, gential area, elbows,  and even ankles. Been to dermatology over a handful of times and here I am, 7 months into this condition and it hasn't been resolved. Dermatology took a biopsy and it came back with contact allergic dermatitis, even eczema. Doc set me up with an allergist for the following week. I don't know what this condition is, but it has made me itch everywhere intensely, cause a shortness of breath, and I'm unable to pay attention to the task at hand. Doc said I could possibly be separated for this. What's your guys opinion on this? Is this the end of the road for me?

My son has had eczema practically since birth. Avenno makes a bath wash and lotion that works excellently for him. His condition was near identical to what you have described. We thought that it was ringworm at first. The Avenno wash and lotion specifically for eczema completely cleared his up. You should try it if you have not already.

http://www.aveeno.com/category/our+products/collections/eczema-treatment.do

It is formulated for babies but works like a charm. Wash with it then use the lotion after every shower.

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 05:37 by ksheed12 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?