Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PHQ Question

Author Topic: PHQ Question  (Read 5862 times)

Offline ckorst1855

• Lurker
PHQ Question
« on: Aug 18, 2015, 08:18 »
Hello all, I'm filling out my PHQ for the first time and have some serious black marks in my past.  I believe that enough time has passed since my last incident, but my question is would a personal statement influence anything?

In essence if I were to write something explaining how I was a complete idiot with no life direction as a youth, but now am striving for better things, with proof, would that do anything at all?

Thanks for your considerations, I appreciate any and all advice.

Content1

Re: PHQ Question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2015, 08:54 »
Everyone who is "Past challenged" and now are fully repentant now that they are seeking a security clearance.  You didn't mentioned how old or  how bad the past, it makes a difference.  When I was young, I was a nerd and stayed out of trouble and led a boring life, but it made my  security clearance easy.  You have to decide was the fun "worth it," that is are you really changed?  They may not buy  your sudden repentance.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2015, 01:23 »
first, they know,
second, you have to tell them.
third, any discrepancies and you may/may not get a chance to clear them up.

too add fluff re: you're stupidity, yore sorrow, etc would be best used at the third aspect as vary few security types care.

if you've done the time for the crime you'll stand a good chance. it's rougher for a nuke to due a crime than a civvie and get there clearance.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline ckorst1855

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2015, 09:15 »
Thanks for the responses.  Yes thats how I figured it would be SioGio, just wanted to clarify. 

Only one way to find out....

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2015, 10:53 »
Rough guess based on experience:

You'll need 3-5 years since last legal issue was resolved. Your record will need to show that you actually have kept your nose clean and have become a trustworthy member of society. No need for excuses for your previous behavior. Excuses are like a-holes, everyone has one and they all stink. Just the facts and all of them, don't leave anything out. You can expect to meet with the shrink and take up to 3 weeks to get a decision on access.

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2015, 10:35 »
You'll do well to get copies of all of your court paperwork, i.e. final determinations and adjudications. Present all of this when you turn in your PHQ. It'll speed up the process in terms of getting a decision sooner (access granted or denied) versus them having to contact courts and municipalities to track down the information themselves. Courts aren't always the most expedient in processing requests. I met with the wizard (shrink) and was cleared, but had to wait an extra week because the court had no records of my case. I dug through boxes and folders and found mine and was cleared the following day. Just my little advice.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2015, 10:43 »
You'll do well to get copies of all of your court paperwork, i.e. final determinations and adjudications. Present all of this when you turn in your PHQ. It'll speed up the process in terms of getting a decision sooner (access granted or denied) versus them having to contact courts and municipalities to track down the information themselves. Courts aren't always the most expedient in processing requests. I met with the wizard (shrink) and was cleared, but had to wait an extra week because the court had no records of my case. I dug through boxes and folders and found mine and was cleared the following day. Just my little advice.

Excellent point, I forgot to mention that part. That is often the cause for delay that I have seen with guys I've brought in. Often times the site will require for you to get the records they want to see. Stay a step ahead and get all records prior to applying for access.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2015, 08:40 »
If your indescretions involved drugs of alcohol, you will probably have to show that you went to an approved counseling program and that you have been rehabilitated.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?