Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu RCT Contractor for Piketon, Ohio  

Author Topic: RCT Contractor for Piketon, Ohio  (Read 10612 times)

old raddog

RCT Contractor for Piketon, Ohio
« on: Aug 25, 2015, 09:06 »
 Does any one have any idea which RCT contractors does the staffing at Piketon, Ohio? :-\ Would appreciate any input.

Thank you and have a Blessed Day

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: RCT Contractor for Piketon, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2015, 09:17 »
grapevine has it as de nuke, an a.t.l. company
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2015, 10:32 »
I have seen several.

Fluor / B&W has permanent positions.

Enercon, AECOM, Restoration Services, Babcock & Wilcox Conversion Services, Pro2Serve, HukariAscendent, URS and Navarro have had radiological positions in the past.

Use this link to search thoroughly:
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Radiological+Control&l=Piketon%2C+OH&sort=date&start=10

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2015, 10:31 »
enercon lost the r.c.t. contract.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2015, 10:56 »
I don't know how this affects contractors but this came out yesterday.

500 layoffs possible at Piketon plant

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/1718/500-layoffs-possible-at-piketon-plant

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2015, 09:29 »
SloGlo is right, Enercon is out. DeNuke technically doesn't exist as they were bought out by ATL ( Advanced Technologies and Laboratories). ATL, who beat out Enercon, managed to slash Enercon's already bare-bones benefits.
There are still Wastren Advantage RCTs, but they've been recently trying to convert most subs to FBPorts personnel.

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2015, 09:01 »
When did Enercon lose the contract for Portsmouth? I was offered a position at the site around mid-June, and it was through Enercon. I realize things can change quickly.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2015, 09:59 »
enercon lost it this summer and a.t.l. was two take over inn august.

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2015, 03:40 »
enercon lost it this summer and a.t.l. was two take over inn august.

Thanks for the clarification!
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

moochiebubble

« Reply #9 on: Sep 04, 2015, 10:35 »
Bare bones is a kind way to put it , don't do this to yourself unless you're starving. 

old raddog

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2015, 11:21 »
Bare bones is a kind way to put it , don't do this to yourself unless you're starving. 

I hear Rumor that CSI,INC. may have gotten the contract

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2015, 03:38 »
I hear Rumor that CSI,INC. may have gotten the contract

No.  CSI has a contract at Paducah.  No contract at Piketon.
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2015, 05:13 by Rennhack »

Offline jessicac0586

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2015, 05:10 »
I currently work at PORTS. They are correct ATL/DeNuke replaced Enercon and that took effect the beginning of this month. There are talks of layoffs but it should not affect Rad Con. ATL's rate of pay is better than Enercon's, but the benefits are non existent. FBP is hiring house techs, and they have great benefits but the pay is significantly less than what the sub is paying. I hope this helps

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2015, 06:05 »
I currently work at PORTS. They are correct ATL/DeNuke replaced Enercon and that took effect the beginning of this month. There are talks of layoffs but it should not affect Rad Con. ATL's rate of pay is better than Enercon's, but the benefits are non existent. FBP is hiring house techs, and they have great benefits but the pay is significantly less than what the sub is paying. I hope this helps

Typically DOE RCT contracts are required to conform to the "Service Contractors ACT" they may be required to provide some minimal benefit package. However Radiation Protection is not specifically identified in the wage scales so YMMV. The RFP will provide more specifics.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2015, 08:05 »
   Typically DOE RCT contracts are required to conform to the "Service Contractors ACT" they may be required to provide some minimal benefit package. However Radiation Protection is not specifically identified in the wage scales so YMMV. The RFP will provide more specifics.

They have a wage determination (WD).  http://www.wdol.gov/ 

They classify them as "Environmental Technician"

SCA NO: SCA NO: 05-2423 REV-16 ISSUED 12/22/2014

HEALTH & WELFARE: $4.27 per hour

VACATION: 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 weeks after 8 years, and 4 weeks after 15 years

HOLIDAYS: A minimum of ten paid holidays per year

In short, they have more than the rest of us. -- I'll show you Nonexistent...  Come work a power plant.  No SCA or DBA WD... no health and welfare, no holidays, no vacation....
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2015, 09:01 by Rennhack »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 14, 2015, 08:26 »
They have a Davis-Bacon Act (DBA) wage determination (WD).  http://www.wdol.gov/ 

They classify them as "Radiologic Technologist"

SCA NO: SCA NO: 05-2423 REV-16 ISSUED 12/22/2014

HEALTH & WELFARE: $4.27 per hour

VACATION: 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 weeks after 8 years, and 4 weeks after 15 years

HOLIDAYS: A minimum of ten paid holidays per year

In short, they have more than the rest of us. -- I'll show you Nonexistent...  Come work a power plant.  No SCA or DBA WD... no health and welfare, no holidays, no vacation....

I would be Surprised if the RFP stated Davis-Bacon vs the SCA and the term Radiologic Technologist in the list refers to radiographers and medical x-ray technicians.

5.  What does the Davis-Bacon Act require?
Under the provisions of the DBA, contractors or their subcontractors are required to pay laborers and mechanics employed directly upon the site of the work no less than the locally prevailing wages and fringe benefits paid on projects of a similar character.  The DBA directs the Department of Labor to determine such local prevailing wage rates (WDs).  The WDs, also known as “general schedules”, are then to be placed in covered contracts by Federal agency contracting officials.
In addition to the DBA itself, Congress has added prevailing wage provisions to approximately 60 statutes which assist construction projects through grants, loans, loan guarantees, and insurance.  These "related Acts" involve construction in such areas as transportation, housing, air and water pollution reduction, and health.
The geographic scope of the DBA is limited to the 50 States and the District of Columbia.  The scope of each related Act is determined by the terms of the particular statute under which the Federal assistance is provided.

6.  What is the Service Contract Act?
The SCA establishes standards for prevailing compensation and safety and health protections for employees performing work for contractors and subcontractors on service contracts entered into with the federal government and with the District of Columbia. SCA provisions are applicable to contracts the principal purpose of which is to provide services in the United States through the use of service employees. The SCA requires contracting agencies to incorporate new or revised SCA WDs into contracts for services for each solicitation, award, or modification to exercise an option, extend the contract, or change the scope of work (whereby labor requirements are significantly affected).  For service contracts $2,500 and under, SCA Section 2(b)(1) requires payment of the minimum wage in the Fair Labor Standards Act.   For service contracts over $2,500, the Act requires the contracting officer to incorporate into the contract a requirement to pay prevailing wages and benefits issued by DOL in the form of WDs.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Sep 14, 2015, 09:00 »
I would be Surprised if the RFP stated Davis-Bacon vs the SCA and the term Radiologic Technologist in the list refers to radiographers and medical x-ray technicians.

I'm mistaken, in the pre-bid Q&A, they said to use Environmental Tech.

On a side note...
Tennessee has a special determination assigned WD 1994-0520 rev. 25 dated 7/25/14: This determination lists Heath Physics Technician II, Heath Physics Technician III, Senior Heath Physics Technician and Heath Physics Technologist at the minimum rates of $21.38, $25.40, $28.52, and $33.29 respectively.

http://www.wdol.gov/wdol/scafiles/non-std/94-0520.sca?v=27

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2015, 10:37 »
And now DOE pulls the plug on the life support R&D funding that the Portsmouth Centrifuge (via Centrus Energy) was receiving.  Ohio politicians are working feverishly to find more funding for the GDP cleanup work on the other side of the plant to buoy the local economy (which has little else.)  http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/local/2015/09/11/doe-pulls-plug-centrifuge/72080034/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?