honeypot

Author Topic: phq  (Read 9491 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
phq
« on: Aug 26, 2015, 12:59 »
aye herd first energy is requiring on line phq filing. if you all ready filed a hard copy, wouldn't it be fare too compensate a half hour wage to re dew this info digitally?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: phq
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2015, 01:39 »
Being paid to complete a phq is hardly the norm in my experience. I know other plants are going to the online or electronic phq. Personally, I think it is better. The format I have seen leaves you no ability to fill it out incorrectly. Additionally, you don't have to worry about making copies of pages because you screwed something up or needed more room for your personal history.

surf50

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2015, 02:02 »
I've filled out a couple online phq's, one recently.  I like the format. Simple, foolproof ( well, hopefully), and when the specified date comes to submit it, press 'send'.

Should I get paid for it? Absolutely not. It's part of the process to get your carcass in the door.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2015, 04:59 »
..........wouldn't it be fare too compensate a half hour wage to re dew this info digitally?

yep, just as soon as your union negotiates that into the bargaining unit contract,...

it can take longer than half an hour,.... [coffee]

(to do either: negotiate and/or complete the EPHQ)
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 05:02 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2015, 08:39 »

Should I get paid for it? Absolutely not. It's part of the process to get your carcass in the door.

following this logic,yew shouldn't get payed to drive too a sight neither.

perhaps this scenario isn't clear. this is in regard to having completed a hard copy and mailed it to the contracting company when the utility changes course and wants on line phq done. that necessitates double work on the issue.

fair or knot to get single pay for double work?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2015, 10:41 »
following this logic,yew shouldn't get payed to drive too a sight neither.

Do you get paid to fill out an application, phone interview, 2nd interview?

perhaps this scenario isn't clear. this is in regard to having completed a hard copy and mailed it to the contracting company when the utility changes course and wants on line phq done. that necessitates double work on the issue.

fair or knot to get single pay for double work?

I've filled out the hard copy twice. Not because I did it incorrectly, they just lost it.

it can take longer than half an hour,.... [coffee]

(to do either: negotiate and/or complete the EPHQ)

Dependent on how long ago your last access was and how much you move around. I would guess most of us in this industry don't go greater than 6-8 months without a badge.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2015, 11:06 »
hoe kay. gist thought that inn a scenario ware every buddy was making money, the knuckle draggers should two. butt, wheel let the tex keep eating off da floe n knot make no mo money.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2015, 02:09 »
hoe kay. gist thought that inn a scenario ware every buddy was making money, the knuckle draggers should two. butt, wheel let the tex keep eating off da floe n knot make no mo money.

Don't let me stop you from asking for compensation. It can happen occasionally, and I have seen it happen a few times due to certain circumstances. It's just not the norm and I don't ever expect it to be. Your only real hope on it would be if you are already an employee and they are having you do it at a company provided onsite or offsite facility. If you have yet to complete your hire on paperwork it's probably not going to happen.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2015, 08:28 »

mebbe the problem is the vue on "employee". eye yam looking at this from outage contracting point, knot a permanent slot perspective.

surf50

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2015, 02:41 »
SloGlo, I know where you're coming from. Your time is worth something.

An old(er) road tech once told me," I'll get paid by the company, one way or another".

( I've modified my comments, realizing that sarcasm is extremely difficult to convey online. I meant to poke a bit of fun at the OP, not insult his intelligence. Sorry, dude....)

I've seen all of these and more. But in end, it doesn't matter, really. The plant knows who goes the extra mile, and who doesn't. And if the plant doesn't know or care, you do. ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 01:40 by surf50 »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2015, 06:08 »
whale, dang! dat advice gist ohpt'd my i's two a hole knew dimension! nebber thought of gittin payed a long those lines. betcha aye cood come on late oar leave earlie to. grate goobly mooblies! the horizon is at my feat, two git witch is dew.

if that was watt aye was talking about.

witch eye wuzzant.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2016, 12:29 »
dew many contracting company's require a phq filed for there use and knot filed with a utility sight security fore uaa?

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2016, 12:44 »
The online PHQ is the way to go, I just assisted with our program going 100% online, and to be honest It's snazzy stuff.  Pay is entirely up to the employer, I do know the guys out of the halls get something, no idea on any of the other groups though.  I would say take it up with your site coordinator and see what they have to say.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2016, 09:51 »
watt aye was talking about is contracting companies having a prospective employee fill out a phq which does knot get turned in to the utility security for ua badging.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2016, 01:42 »
So like circle bar W and their good guy letters, where they do the background and send the utility xyz info depending on the utilities acceptance of their program?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2016, 07:51 »
So like circle bar W and their good guy letters, where they do the background and send the utility xyz info depending on the utilities acceptance of their program?
axactly. cept the phq filed wit the contracting company is only four their internal use re "good guy" letter n an udder phq kneads filled out, separately fore the utility security dept.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?