Career Path > Tax Q&A

State Income Tax for Travelers

<< < (2/3) > >>

GLW:

--- Quote from: scotoma on Sep 11, 2015, 11:39 ---All income you receive, no matter what state will be reported on your resident state tax return........
--- End quote ---

IME - not true for ALL states with state income tax,...

but, once you DO file that way and then learn otherwise later, getting YOUR monies back can take a long, long time,...

I let the CPA and TA handle it,...

IME - it's $1100.00 well spent and I'd rather give it to somebody working for me than any government entity,...

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: GLW on Sep 11, 2015, 12:15 ---IME - not true for ALL states with state income tax,...

but, once you DO file that way and then learn otherwise later, getting YOUR monies back can take a long, long time,...

I let the CPA and TA handle it,...

IME - it's $1100.00 well spent and I'd rather give it to somebody working for me than any government entity,...

--- End quote ---

You pay $1,100.00 to have your taxes prepared?! Good lord, do you wipe with 5's or 10's?

https://www.google.com/search?q=average+cost+for+tax+preparation&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=ssl

GLW:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on Sep 11, 2015, 01:22 ---You pay $1,100.00 to have your taxes prepared?! Good lord, do you wipe with 5's or 10's?

https://www.google.com/search?q=average+cost+for+tax+preparation&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=ssl

--- End quote ---

I have complicated returns,...

I also send everything in and let them do the collating,...

I think your search only references CPA or TP costs, not TA costs,...

I can spend two weekends of my life every year poring over forms and codes OR,...

I can spend those weekends with those I love doing what I like,...

Every minute you breath and live is spent and gone and brings you one minute closer to death,...

My life minutes are too precious to be spent on sweating details to cover my ass from the frickin' government,...

It costs 20 hours or less of overtime to get back two weekends of my life,...

And I am compelled to work the overtime regardless,...

I do my job, I pay others to do that job for me,...

To each his own,... 8)

SloGlo:
call yore h.r. department. they will tell yew how the company will due the payroll in this situation. when this is known you can figure how you deal with the tacks.

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: GLW on Sep 11, 2015, 01:28 ---I have complicated returns,...

I think your search only references CPA or TP costs, not TA costs,...

--- End quote ---

I guess so, just surprised me. I tend to keep things as simple as I can. My search was just for the average cost of TP. I searched because your quoted number shocked me, thought maybe it was higher dependent upon region or something. My Tax Preparer in the past has always been a licensed family friend or someone I grew up with so I got a pretty fair deal on it. Thought maybe I was way out of touch with the cost of things.

--- Quote from: SloGlo on Sep 11, 2015, 01:32 ---call yore h.r. department. they will tell yew how the company will due the payroll in this situation. when this is known you can figure how you deal with the tacks.

--- End quote ---

I am in the process of that as well, but I wanted some outside the company advice. HR and payroll work for the company and it's best interests, not mine or yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version