Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New documentary about nuclear worker safety honeypot

Author Topic: New documentary about nuclear worker safety  (Read 18245 times)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: New documentary about nuclear worker safety
« Reply #25 on: Oct 15, 2015, 01:12 »
I spent a good 4 years at Fernald and there were several lawsuits filed by workers and the trades. If you want some good info from there, research a group called FRESH (Fernald Residents for Environmental Safety and Health). They fought the good fight and got a lot of medical help from the DOE. There have been several of the old schoolers that spent 30 years there, that have passed away from cancer and other types of killers. This may give you some good insight, if you haven't looked into Fernald already.

IIRC, FRESH was in the vanguard to expand RECA beyond the downwinders,...

Good folks, good work,...

Billions paid out, the process historically proves out about 3/4 of all claims, another 1/4 found to be below injury threshold or without merit,...

almost forgot,...ltnsk,...
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015, 01:15 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Tony West

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Oct 15, 2015, 02:20 »
rules for radicals hand grenade; no such commentary in evidence, and no such root to fruit for the extrapolated accusation exists, all to the purpose of establishing a false narrative of a self-serving, disingenuous foundation on the part of your antagonist,...

learn this at SIUE or somewhere else?

I noticed you didn't say where you worked.  Is it a secret?

Offline Tony West

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 15, 2015, 02:30 »
I spent a good 4 years at Fernald and there were several lawsuits filed by workers and the trades. If you want some good info from there, research a group called FRESH (Fernald Residents for Environmental Safety and Health). They fought the good fight and got a lot of medical help from the DOE. There have been several of the old schoolers that spent 30 years there, that have passed away from cancer and other types of killers. This may give you some good insight, if you haven't looked into Fernald already.

Yes, I know some of those guys thanks.  They are helping me with the locations for the screenings.  Some drove up to Dayton to see it.

Good conversations with them after.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 15, 2015, 03:09 »
IIRC, FRESH was in the vanguard to expand RECA beyond the downwinders,...

Good folks, good work,...

Billions paid out, the process historically proves out about 3/4 of all claims, another 1/4 found to be below injury threshold or without merit,...

almost forgot,...ltnsk,...

Fresh did some good work, like Dave I did a number of years at Fernald. There may have been some abuse of it but then look at our Federal disability pay outs, FRESH isn't even close. I am in favor of erroring on the workers side but not freebie's for all.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2015, 03:23 »
I noticed you didn't say where you worked.  Is it a secret?

Tony many of us work as staff augmentation in a number of disciplines, many in safety, hazardous waste management, and various craft with a work history similar to mine. If there is a group that is left out of potential compensation for injury it would be us. We work in industrial environments with a wide variety of hazards cleaning up the Superfund sites left from the Manhattan Project among other industrial facilities built and run before OSHA or RCRA regs.

If you are insinuating that we are protecting a company or agency you are off the mark. I see this as a Shakespearean tragedy. Many of the documentaries and movies we see are more like the villagers with their torches and pitchforks storming the castle. If you are filling a needed niche good but that has not been our experience and your replies and trailer I watched seem to lean to breaking out the torches and pitchforks.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #30 on: Oct 15, 2015, 03:43 »
I noticed you didn't say where you worked.  Is it a secret?
eye can't speak four glw, butt ware aye have worked consists of 14 nuclear power plants, 1 d..o.e. lab, 1 navy base, 3 army bases, 1 civilian site on an army quick response p.o., 1 railroad remediation, and 2 major nuclear vendors sites.
that sayed, aye yam afraid that when eye view your production I will sea humor in seens witch know won else in the theater will understand, and isle get the dirty looks n bee told too bee quiet as it's a serious flick. sew, yule no it's me watching.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015, 03:44 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Tony West

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2015, 09:13 »

If you are insinuating that we are protecting a company or agency you are off the mark.

"We"? Naw, I asked that question to the Yankee fan alone.  He seemed to know me and I wonder where we might have crossed paths.  I'm not really known in the Apple.  Birds on the Bat makes more sense.

I'm pretty straight forward.  That's my real name on there.

The best way to keep the pitchforks at bay is to fix things that are easly fixable.  That's my take anyway.

There are certainly folks in the film that don't like nukes and there are workers telling their stories. 
Some call that balance, some would rather it be all one side or the other.  It is what it is.

Offline Tony West

• Light User
« Reply #32 on: Oct 16, 2015, 10:05 »
aye yam afraid that when eye view your production I will sea humor in seens witch know won else in the theater will understand, and isle get the dirty looks n bee told too bee quiet as it's a serious flick. sew, yule no it's me watching.  ;)

If the whole theater has that reaction, bummer.  If it's just you..........that's fine : )

The film focuses a great deal on the compensation program.  The people who are in the theater have interest in that program.  If you don't care about the program then it's not for you.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #33 on: Oct 16, 2015, 10:51 »
yeah..said that at 14oct15 @ 20:12:50.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?