Career Path > Different Country

Mobility for Nuclear Operators between Canada and the U.S.

(1/3) > >>

Frigate67:
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew if the nuclear stations in the U.S. typically hire Nuclear Operators from Canada or if they tend to stick with American applicants. I am a Canadian who is very interested in working as a NO, but I was't sure how much mobility there is in moving across North America once I finished the two years or so as a Nuclear Operator in Training at one of the Canadian stations. I would definitely have no issues working in Canada, but I was just curious about if the American stations would consider a Canadian NO for an opening as a non-licensed nuclear operator (I believe that the NLOs in the States are comparable to Canadian "Nuclear Operators" but if I'm wrong about that please correct me). Thanks.

Higgs:
You would have a very good chance of getting hired.

Justin

Frigate67:
Awesome, that's nice to hear. Thanks for answering.

ddickey:
What about going the other way?

Higgs:

--- Quote from: ddickey on Sep 29, 2015, 02:14 ---What about going the other way?

--- End quote ---

I've heard the same thing.

There's no major barriers between US and Canadian nukes. Talking with the Canadians that I've met at INPO, we all pretty much run them the same way. The technology may be different, but the skill sets are the same.

Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version