News and Discussions > Fallen:

David Johnston aka HydroDave63

(1/8) > >>

Teeders:
My husband, David passed away this morning (10/5/2015). He was admitted to the hospital September 14th with anemia. It soon turned out to be a lot more than that.  We found out that it was APS.  Basically his body was creating antibodies that would attack his blood cells.  They tried treating it the normal way that they do with everyone else but it almost killed him and did not work.

They tried a 5 day treatment with other peoples antibodies and we were so hopeful.  It failed and they did a last ditch effort with chemo to see if it would stop, that was Friday.  He went downhill so fast since then.  

He always would talk about nukeworker and smiting 'nubs' for being not so bright or stupid as he would put it.  He said that he didn't care if people knew about what killed him or who knew.  They say it was the lung cancer that killed him but it was really APS.  He was doing fine until August 7th.  We are coping and everything is moving so fast. As I would have told him, I played grown up a lot today.

Davids Obituary

Gamecock:

--- Quote from: Teeders on Oct 05, 2015, 08:58 ---My husband, David passed away this morning (10/5/2015). He was admitted to the hospital September 14th with anemia. It soon turned out to be a lot more than that.  We found out that it was APS.  Basically his body was creating antibodies that would attack his blood cells.  They tried treating it the normal way that they do with everyone else but it almost killed him and did not work.

They tried a 5 day treatment with other peoples antibodies and we were so hopeful.  It failed and they did a last ditch effort with chemo to see if it would stop, that was Friday.  He went downhill so fast since then.  

He always would talk about nukeworker and smiting 'nubs' for being not so bright or stupid as he would put it.  He said that he didn't care if people knew about what killed him or who knew.  They say it was the lung cancer that killed him but it was really APS.  He was doing fine until August 7th.  We are coping and everything is moving so fast. As I would have told him, I played grown up a lot today.

--- End quote ---

I always enjoyed my interactions with your husband, both in the public forum and via private message.  Though I never met him, I feel like I knew him.  I will miss him.

May God provide you with His peace during this time.  

I know based on some exchanges I had with Dave that he is in a better place now.

GC

Marlin:
   My thoughts and prayers to you and yours. I am shocked and very saddened I will miss my duels with him in PolySci, we were not that far apart politically but that did not stop us from debate. He will leave a big hole in the Nukeworker community.

thenuttyneutron:
You have my condolences.  I enjoyed reading his posts over the years and will miss him.

Rennhack:
 It’s uncanny how someone we have only met over the internet can have such a deep impact on our lives.  I know we are an aging workforce, but part of me still thinks we will all live forever.  Even now, I find it hard to imagine NukeWorker without Dave.  He always kept an eye on the site, and helped protect us from spammers, hackers and other attacks. He would send me messages when the “who is online” log showed odd user behavior.  He was the 3rd most prolific poster on the site, and the most applauded (buy a large margin).  He spent more time online on NukeWorker than anyone else and was always the first to offer to help. NukeWorker was better because Dave was here helping us all out.

NukeWorker will not be the same without Dave.  His passing will leave a large hole in all of our lives.  I am deeply sorry for your loss.  Please pose memorial information when it is available, and thank you very much for sharing this information with us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version