Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hello looking to get into I&C need help honeypot

Author Topic: Hello looking to get into I&C need help  (Read 4753 times)

Offline socksandmax2014

• Lurker
Hello looking to get into I&C need help
« on: Oct 17, 2015, 09:35 »
Hello.  I am currently a nuclear security officer.  I have been for six years, working for Exelon.  I have a bachelors in Criminal Worthless.  I am ready for a new challenge.  I have looked into an MBA in project management, but after talking with HR and some other higher ups, they recommend I get a degree in a technical field first.  So long worded, I've looked into Bismarck for they do have an I&C degree that I can do online.  The problem with Bismarck is it is very limited enrollment and only start in the fall.  They are recommending renewable energy degree.   One of the higher ups I talked with does not recommend that degree.  So does anyone know of any other online schools does I&C degrees.  My Exelon will set me up with Techs to complete the labs at work!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
Re: Hello looking to get into I&C need help
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2015, 10:04 »
Does the company offer you tuition reimbursement? Are there no technical schools where you live that you can attend on a part time basis? Bismarck offers a certificate online not a degree. Not sure if a certificate would qualify you for I&C.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2015, 09:18 »
What kind of degree are you looking for? I'm sure anyone with I&C experience already knows that, but those of us without it need to know to provide help.

Offline socksandmax2014

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2015, 08:50 »
Bismarck does offer an associate under their I and c.  Called applied sciences. 

Exelon does offer tution reimbursement but with my schedule there is no way to do brick and motor classes. 

Would prefer to get an associate since I already have the bs I do not need to take Gen eds.    Just the core classes.

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2015, 05:06 »
The degree from Bismarck is not online. You have to go up there for four weeks of labs.
Electronics should also qualify you for I&C. Regardless you'll need to do labs.

HITR94

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2016, 05:13 »
Duke offers co-op programs where you can attend a local university/community college for a electronics engineering degree, work for Duke (limited hours and pay) and Duke will pay for your school.  You'll work with I&C techs in the field daily and could potentially get hired. 

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:27 »
Duke offers co-op programs where you can attend a local university/community college for a electronics engineering degree, work for Duke (limited hours and pay) and Duke will pay for your school.  You'll work with I&C techs in the field daily and could potentially get hired. 
Wish I would've known that before I made my move a few years back.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?