Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Plant Employee Just Caught Doing Something INCREDIBLY Alarming

Author Topic: Plant Employee Just Caught Doing Something INCREDIBLY Alarming  (Read 17294 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
The questions I have are.....what kind of designed plant allows access to the nuclear core? I believe that might be a little vague......

What if he was just interested in making a bomb and blowing up stuff out in the country with his drinking buddies on the weekend?

Most likely, I'm assuming plants in other countries have security, its going to still be difficult to bring said explosives into the plant and strap it to the nuclear core for detonation.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The questions I have are.....what kind of designed plant allows access to the nuclear core? I believe that might be a little vague......

I don't think they meant core when they said reactor probably using it as a general term for the plant.

What if he was just interested in making a bomb and blowing up stuff out in the country with his drinking buddies on the weekend?

50 quatloos against that scenario (for David)

Most likely, I'm assuming plants in other countries have security, its going to still be difficult to bring said explosives into the plant and strap it to the nuclear core for detonation.

May not need to bring it in, MacGyver DIY may have been one of the sites he browsed.  :P

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
I'm calling BS. I'm also calling BS on this.

“You can’t have people with access to a nuclear core having any sort of interest in explosives.”

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Maybe he was trying to determine if the use of explosive plugs in the S/g's were a viable option for his project?    I do remember using them many years ago...

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Maybe he was trying to determine if the use of explosive plugs in the S/g's were a viable option for his project?    I do remember using them many years ago...

well then, I suspect that Mr. Ahmed's plane ticket is in the mail,...

Obama invites Ahmed — and his clock S/G plugs — to White House for Astronomy Electricity Night

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/theoval/2015/09/16/obama-invites-ahmed-and-his-clock-white-house-astronomy-night/32507227/

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Me thinks you are dating yourself, it has been several decades since they were used. I suspect a well stocked lab, welding supplies, and janitorial closets may provide basic material or maybe my Anarchists Cookbook is a little dated.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
....I'm also calling BS on this.

“You can’t have people with access to a nuclear core having any sort of interest in explosives.”

agreed, that would be an untrue statement,...

my all too legitimate interest begins here:

my personal favorite is UN0357 Substances, explosive, n.o.s., 1.1L, II
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2015, 12:22 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

ISOCS

I remember when the B&W people lost explosive SG tube plugs in 1981 and I had to stay another couple hours in containment until they found them.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The entire "story".

Hmmmm... maybe not but many family members of young Jihadi's expressed suprise that their relatives would radicalize or participate in terrorism.

MUSLIM NUCLEAR POWER PLANT EMPLOYEE CAUGHT READING BOMB MAKING MANUAL AT WORK

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/10/29/muslim-nuclear-power-plant-employee-caught-reading-bomb-making-manual-at-work/

Scots nuclear power plant worker caught studying BOMB-MAKING websites at work

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-nuclear-power-plant-worker-6716601

Prior to reading this one please note that he had bookmarked sites about Muslim jihadi attacks.

Muslim nuclear power plant worker who 'visited' bomb-making website is 'completely against terrorism'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/muslim-nuclear-power-plant-worker-6726082

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
No no, I mean the claims that are being made. 5 quatloos says this comes out to be a reactionary islamaphobe.

Offline storm13

• Light User
I mostly discount any "news" article that looks like a clickbait ad...

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
No no, I mean the claims that are being made. 5 quatloos says this comes out to be a reactionary islamaphobe.

Perhaps but that does not negate his viewing inappropriate material at work. One of the articles above makes your point. I don't think the plants reaction is islamophobic perhaps the news articles may lean that way but who is a jihadi, young Muslim man infatuated with the Jihadi movement. I would think if he has been surfing jihadi sites he is a candidate for radicalization. How many families have said that they can't believe that their son would do such a thing. We will probably never know as he is most likely on a watch list now and he knows it.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
well then, I suspect that Mr. Ahmed's plane ticket is in the mail,...

Obama invites Ahmed — and his clock S/G plugs — to White House for Astronomy Electricity Night

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/theoval/2015/09/16/obama-invites-ahmed-and-his-clock-white-house-astronomy-night/32507227/

Showing your age Barry.  Last time I saw (heard) them used was Maine Yankee in 79.
LM

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
...  Last time I saw (heard) them used was Maine Yankee in 79.
LM
We used them at Oconee in 1982. I think that was the last time I saw them.

[OT]
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015, 09:26 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Chimera

ANO Unit 1 in 1983.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Wait they actually exploded a plug to plug a tube?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Yes, decades ago.  ::)

Occacionally blew out the containment tent with it.  [dowave]

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Actually B&W used them up to about 87/88, ONS, MNS, CNS, VCSNS particularly during the sharp U-Bend recovery projects!  Most of the plugs were mechanical, but they justified using some explosive plugs.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!

Not just 'a' plug, but three at a time, each the equivalent of a third of a stick of dynamite. Indian Point 2 managed to set all three off in the channel head instead of in the tubes (oops.) So... a whole stick of dynamite loose in the channel head and... 'boom' followed by a lot of metallic sounds as the blast cover flew across the basement of containment. Very impressive and a quite unforgettable sight as the black cloud rolled out of the manway.

And then there was the time I thought that one was going off in my hand...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Not just 'a' plug, but three at a time, each the equivalent of a third of a stick of dynamite. Indian Point 2 managed to set all three off in the channel head instead of in the tubes (oops.) So... a whole stick of dynamite loose in the channel head and... 'boom' followed by a lot of metallic sounds as the blast cover flew across the basement of containment. Very impressive and a quite unforgettable sight as the black cloud rolled out of the manway.

And then there was the time I thought that one was going off in my hand...

yup those days are so long gone,....

nuke SSC, explosives, and pre-FFD operators,...

it boggles the mind no one got killed,...

see?!?!?!?,...I keep telling you there's a God, and you keep agnosticating, in spite of all the improbable coincidence to the contrary,...

:P ;) :) 8)

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2015, 06:58 by GLW »

Offline jjack50

• Heavy User
  • Now, LEARN DAMIT!!!!
At Trojan in 1991 or so, they used explosive sleeves for their cracked tubes. Stuck a new sleeve up the tube and setoff a charge that explosively welded the sleeve to the inside of the tube. They recovered a lot of formerly plugged tubes that way. All that to avoid replacing the steam generators. Then they forgot to anneal one of the tubes following its new sleeving and it failed about a year later. That resulted in the decision to close the plant. (simplified)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Yes, decades ago.  ::)

Occacionally blew out the containment tent with it.  [dowave]

usually at the end of the knight shift and when the black powder tech hadda make a flight... "bee ok if aye due won extra plug?"...

n deconners ware birthed un the biz.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?