Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Management/Exec Career Path/Degrees? honeypot

Author Topic: Management/Exec Career Path/Degrees?  (Read 2256 times)

Offline HerschelsWalkers

• Very Lite User
Management/Exec Career Path/Degrees?
« on: Nov 12, 2015, 11:36 »
Back Story: I'm a former Navy nuke ET (9.5 years) - submarines, RO, SRO, prototype instructor, ESF, LPO forever - standard stuff. I don't have a degree, but I got a job at a power plant as an Ops Training Instructor and start my SRO certification course in January. Following/pending that certification I intend to start on my bachelor's degree and work towards an MBA. I am interested in eventually moving into management and (brace yourselves, pipe dreams inbound) moving up into corporate (told you).

Question: What degree path are people in managerial and executive positions taking? Is it a business BS with an MBA or an engineering BS with an MBA? Something else???

Disclaimer: I know there is no substitute for hard work, knowledge, and (possibly most importantly) great connections. I just want to start on the right foot.

Thanks in advance.
"There is no hope. And you know it, like I do. Don't you? There is no hope for any of us. " - Herschel Greene (TWD), who was somehow not talking about submariners, but delivered the perfect sentiment.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?