Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Going Navy AE to civi nuke advice.

Author Topic: Going Navy AE to civi nuke advice.  (Read 4632 times)

Offline teamuser17

• Lurker
Going Navy AE to civi nuke advice.
« on: Nov 12, 2015, 10:06 »
I want a job in the nuclear field. No idea why I all of sudden wanted to do this. I am guessing aviation is just to easy and I getting bored. I have no experience in the nuclear field, and only have a high school diploma. I been an AE for 7 years now going on 8. I plan to get out in august of 2016. I would prefer a permanent job at the facility in Crystal River, FL. Pretty much where I want to own my forever home.
How would I go about starting this career path on a short term goal? (meaning no real time for even a applied science degree, etc)
What jobs would you recommend me applying for at a nuclear facility?
How can I stand out to these companies from others?
Also whatever other advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Going Navy AE to civi nuke advice.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2015, 11:20 »
I want a job in the nuclear field. No idea why I all of sudden wanted to do this. I am guessing aviation is just to easy and I getting bored. I have no experience in the nuclear field, and only have a high school diploma. I been an AE for 7 years now going on 8. I plan to get out in august of 2016. I would prefer a permanent job at the facility in Crystal River, FL. Pretty much where I want to own my forever home.
How would I go about starting this career path on a short term goal? (meaning no real time for even a applied science degree, etc)
What jobs would you recommend me applying for at a nuclear facility?
How can I stand out to these companies from others?
Also whatever other advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

the Crystal River nuclear plant is broken beyond cost effective repair and will not be an operating power plant,... ever again.

there are conventionally fired power plants at the same locale, those may be a better forever home gameplan than the nuclear plant,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline teamuser17

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2015, 10:37 »
Well that sucks. I guess I will look into those plants. Is there any advice on how to get started with them??

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2015, 04:32 »
start here:

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,35298.0.html

and then search and read the referenced forums, there is a lot to go through, it will help you focus your efforts,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?