Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New To Nuke Community, Need SOIT pointers and advice
honeypot

Author Topic: New To Nuke Community, Need SOIT pointers and advice  (Read 6427 times)

Offline GoNe_FiSsIoN

• Very Lite User
Hello everyone,
 I am new to the nuke community having accepted a position at Plant Farley in Alabama. My question is about the curriculum for the SOIT position. I would like any info on what I may need to look into in advance, qualifications I will need to obtain, any general information that will make this a little easier. I will be an inside transfer as I work at a large coal-fired plant within the same union. I look forward to any response and thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2015, 01:47 by Rennhack »
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
― Nikola Tesla

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
Re: New To Nuke Community, Need pointers and advice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2015, 04:19 »
What position did you hold at the dirt burner?
http://nuclear.allenmurrow.com/index.php
Good site to test your knowledge

Offline GoNe_FiSsIoN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:41 »
Assistant Plant Control Operator
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
― Nikola Tesla

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2015, 12:18 »
Hello everyone,  I am new to the nuke community having accepted a position at Plant Farley in Alabama. My question is about the curriculum for the SOIT position. I would like any info on what I may need to look into in advance, qualifications I will need to obtain, any general information that will make this a little easier. I will be an inside transfer as I work at a large coal-fired plant within the same union. I look forward to any response and thank you in advance. 

Welcome! 

Not to sound  [devious] or critical (no pun intended), but you found this website, which contains a lot of information.  The information is available here, but you have to look!  Others may be able to answer your question directly, however, I can't!  I will say there is a wealth of knowledge already posted, but you have to take the time to search.

Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2015, 01:46 by Rennhack »

Offline GoNe_FiSsIoN

• Very Lite User
Re: New To Nuke Community, Need SOIT pointers and advice
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2015, 06:24 »
I saw a few links here and there. I was posting this thread as a navigational beacon to which I could find a start point. I did not want to dig through endless testing material that may be out of date. All of the information given so far, I am thankful for. Any additional info for this new guy would also be appreciated.  :)
― Nikola Tesla

Offline J00291522

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2015, 05:07 »
I saw a few links here and there. I was posting this thread as a navigational beacon to which I could find a start point. I did not want to dig through endless testing material that may be out of date. All of the information given so far, I am thankful for. Any additional info for this new guy would also be appreciated.  :)

Are you still in-processing, or have you heard back from anyone about your start date?

Offline GoNe_FiSsIoN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2015, 11:00 »
I have a concrete start date.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2015, 11:02 by GoNe_FiSsIoN »
― Nikola Tesla

Offline J00291522

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2015, 11:52 »
I have a concrete start date.

Congrats! As of Friday, so do I!!!

Offline GoNe_FiSsIoN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2015, 04:53 »
When will you be starting? Are you a transfer or new?
― Nikola Tesla

Offline J00291522

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2015, 08:17 »
New, January 4th

Offline GoNe_FiSsIoN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2015, 07:45 »
Ahh..ok. I start a bit earlier. See you on the 4th
― Nikola Tesla

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?