Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Air Sampling Problem in an Alpha Facility
honeypot

Author Topic: Air Sampling Problem in an Alpha Facility  (Read 15842 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Air Sampling Problem in an Alpha Facility
« Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2015, 12:29 »
aye meant unreported hear this hear thread.

with cloudy provided data, isle say yew have two streams of material in that group.

has any buddy cross hatched the smear oar the envelope interior two determine size of activity?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 02, 2015, 12:41 »
It was reported.

And ignored.

That is the cause of my concern.

Do you believe there is a continued risk?

Do you believe that there has been an unmonitored exposure or release of material?

Do you believe there may be a potential for over exposure?

If no to to these questions this is an anomaly that you should be aware of but not grow an ulcer over. Cross contamination does seem to be the most likely answer, put it on your spectroscopy unit when it's back on line, take a back up sample, check applicable bio assays, and analyze the CAM filter. I am probably giving you advice you have already done. You mentioned fecal samples so I assume you are dealing with insolubles.

SmearedNeutron

« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2015, 01:33 »
It's okay.

Air monitoring has been discontinued in this area.

All is fine.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2015, 01:34 by SmearedNeutron »

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #28 on: Dec 06, 2015, 01:21 »
Sounds like it might have been a heavily concreted (or stoned) area, since you never described the facility.  At my last, hopefully not my last, I could pull AS sounding like doomsday on first counting.  They went to watch in 12, to nothing in 24, and bkg in 36!  We ran the final, record, count at 48!

Other sites with environmental AS we ran the last count at 14 days!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?