Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy JAG opinion letter for employment?? honeypot

Author Topic: Navy JAG opinion letter for employment??  (Read 5371 times)

Offline mcraider09

• Lurker
Navy JAG opinion letter for employment??
« on: Dec 01, 2015, 12:42 »
I separated earlier this year, i applied for a contractor at the local air force base in Tennessee. The employer is demanding that i submit a JAG opinion letter to them. does any one know anything about this? i don't think it is required for me (enlisted) but the HR manager insists it is their company policy that all recently separated and retired military provide one. any information would be appreciated!!
thanks!

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: Navy JAG opinion letter for employment??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2015, 01:12 »
A quick search found this. I don't know if it relates

http://www.quantico.marines.mil/Portals/147/Docs/Resources/OFFICESOFCOUNSEL/counsel_PGE%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

The ethics
counselor is required to issue an opinion within 30 days or as soon thereafter as
practicable (thus, the written opinion is colloquially known as a "30-day letter").
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline mcraider09

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2015, 03:03 »
thanks for the help! i have searched the internet and only found a few documents and pdfs explaining what it is. not so much how to get one. :/

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2015, 07:28 »
I separated earlier this year, i applied for a contractor at the local air force base in Tennessee. The employer is demanding that i submit a JAG opinion letter to them. does any one know anything about this? i don't think it is required for me (enlisted) but the HR manager insists it is their company policy that all recently separated and retired military provide one. any information would be appreciated!!
thanks!
Is there a reason you didn't subsequently call the JAG office on the AF base?

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2015, 11:04 »
thanks!

I've been retired 2 years and I was asked to provide one for a job change within my current company. 

Cheers,

GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2015, 07:26 »
thanks!

eeeeyup,...

does seem odd, but if you want the job there will be lots of odd things coming your way as you move on through life,...

trying to make sense of it will be the thing that frustrates you,...

I would opt for not getting frustrated, do what you gotta do and then take yourself and maybe your best significant other fishing,...

OBTW,...

thank you for your service, it is humbly appreciated,... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?