Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

Navy JAG opinion letter for employment??

(1/2) > >>

mcraider09:
I separated earlier this year, i applied for a contractor at the local air force base in Tennessee. The employer is demanding that i submit a JAG opinion letter to them. does any one know anything about this? i don't think it is required for me (enlisted) but the HR manager insists it is their company policy that all recently separated and retired military provide one. any information would be appreciated!!
thanks!

Smart People:
A quick search found this. I don't know if it relates

http://www.quantico.marines.mil/Portals/147/Docs/Resources/OFFICESOFCOUNSEL/counsel_PGE%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

The ethics
counselor is required to issue an opinion within 30 days or as soon thereafter as
practicable (thus, the written opinion is colloquially known as a "30-day letter").

mcraider09:
thanks for the help! i have searched the internet and only found a few documents and pdfs explaining what it is. not so much how to get one. :/

spekkio:

--- Quote from: mcraider09 on Dec 01, 2015, 12:42 ---I separated earlier this year, i applied for a contractor at the local air force base in Tennessee. The employer is demanding that i submit a JAG opinion letter to them. does any one know anything about this? i don't think it is required for me (enlisted) but the HR manager insists it is their company policy that all recently separated and retired military provide one. any information would be appreciated!!
thanks!

--- End quote ---
Is there a reason you didn't subsequently call the JAG office on the AF base?

Gamecock:

--- Quote from: mcraider09 on Dec 01, 2015, 12:42 ---I separated earlier this year, i applied for a contractor at the local air force base in Tennessee. The employer is demanding that i submit a JAG opinion letter to them. does any one know anything about this? i don't think it is required for me (enlisted) but the HR manager insists it is their company policy that all recently separated and retired military provide one. any information would be appreciated!!
thanks!

--- End quote ---

I've been retired 2 years and I was asked to provide one for a job change within my current company. 

Cheers,

GC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version