Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Lou Mennella honeypot

Author Topic: Lou Mennella  (Read 7915 times)

Offline coolbreeze20650

• Light User
  • Look over your shoulder!
Lou Mennella
« on: Dec 09, 2015, 06:38 »
Louis (Lou or Lou Daddy) Mennella passed away on Sunday, December 6.  Lou was a great friend to a lot of people in this business and will be sorely missed.  Personally,  we spent many hours in the plant working outages, many hours on the beach at St. Lucie watching volleyball after a night shift, and having good food and spirits.  The attached link provides the details for his service. 

http://www.chasdavis.com/obituaries.php?search=mennella#

RIP Lou Daddy.

Mike and Sandy

surf50

Re: Lou Mennella
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2015, 03:57 »
Lou was a good guy and a master procurer of scarce supplies during an outage. He was always selling knives, flashlights and other outage trinkets, too. I still have a couple of his flashlights.

I always remember hearing his name yelled over the plant page, multiple times..."LOUMENNELLALOUMENNELLA", sometimes to the tune of "Cinderella, Cinderella... ;D

Worked with him many, many times. He was one of the people that made outages fun, back when they WERE fun.
Godspeed, buddy.

B

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2015, 11:14 »
Here we go again!! another good man and coworker has passed!! I to had the honor of working with Lou through the years. Lou was a blast to be around and yes he might even get a few of your dollars. Lou will truly be missed
R.I.P LOU
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2015, 07:25 »
Damn I hate hearing this. Lou was one of the best that I have had the pleasure to work with, and there have been many, over the years.

R.I.P. My Friend,

Morris Patterson

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2015, 04:07 »

I had the pleasure of working with Lou back when we were jr's in the late 80's and early 90's.
We called him Capt. Lou after Lou Albano,the wrestler. He was a great guy and excellent worker.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family R.I.P. BRO ! pbooth

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2015, 09:35 »
This is one of the times when you hear this and think, I wish we would have been in contact more. Lou was one of the people that always made me look good. I was blessed to know him, and will keep him and his family in my prayers. He will be missed by all that knew him.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2015, 06:46 »
I worked with Lou back in my decon days. He was always a generous and helpful.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2015, 01:15 »
I can't believe this... I saw Lou just a little while ago. He was always one of the people I looked forward to working with at St. Lucie and Turkey. I am absolutely stunned. He had one of the best nuclear attitudes I ever saw, and like surf50 said, was one of the best at finding what you needed to have right now. It was always a pleasure to see him for the first time each outage and greet him with a Loooooooooou! Great sense of humor (and sense of the ridiculous) always willing to help, and someone you could always count on to do what he said he would.

God bless you Lou, I will never forget you.

This is just too sad. First I read about Gibbsy and now Lou. I am almost afraid to read any further.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline gottnuked

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2016, 11:22 »
Just seen his posting under Fallen. Having been out of PSL Nuclear for a while on disability (and in limbo), decided to re-register to Nukeworker. I had the honor to work beside Lou and on the rare occasion, see him at a supermarket or traffic light in Citrus county. God bless Loooooouuuuuu!

Offline RadSafetyman

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:21 »
Lou....So very sad to hear of his passing. We went back so very far in the very early 80's. So many good memories, laughs from Crystal River to South Florida and a few up north in the cold. RIP dear friend...You are missed!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?