Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sub pay in powerschool/prototype  

Author Topic: Sub pay in powerschool/prototype  (Read 7618 times)

bigjer25

Sub pay in powerschool/prototype
« on: Jan 14, 2005, 09:37 »
Hey folks,
    Ex-nuke EM turned to the dark side (officer) is prepping to go back through the "journey" known as the navy nuclear pipeline.  Since I like to get my A** kicked on a daily basis, I (once again) decided to go subamarines.  The only question I have now is do I get sub pay while in school, or is it one big lump sum like the first time I went through, me and some buddies are debating this.  Thanks.   Bigjer

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Sub pay in powerschool/prototype
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2005, 10:49 »
I never received sub pay as a student.  When I did get it, it was paid every month that I was on a sub.  Some people continued to get it after going to shore duty at certain duty stations, as long as they had enough time left in their enlistment to go back to a sub.  None of these were students.

You might be thinking of one of the bonuses.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

ex-SSN585

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2005, 01:33 »
I agree with the above.  I didn't post initially because I thought my information might be dated.  I believe submarine continuation pay, as well as having sufficient time to go back to a submarine, is also based on gates (i.e., having a cetain ratio of sub duty served versus time in service).

I have never heard of lump sum payments for submarine pay!

Disclaimer:  From reading these boards, there are many things I don't remember or didn't think likely, so I'm just agreeing that the above post has been my experience.

taterhead

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2005, 02:50 »
I do not know the answer to the original question, but I am sure someone here does know.

However, at least in the mid to late 90s, if you volunteered for subs back in the beginning of A school and successfully finished the pipeline then took orders to a sub, you received back sub pay retro to the day you volunteered for subs.

kwicslvr

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2005, 09:57 »
As an enlisted you do receive sub pay after graduating A-school.   Though you do not get that until you are actually assigned to a sub and then you get it in one lump sum.    As for an officer getting it.  If you do it will probably be the same then.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2005, 11:24 »
You know, it has been a lot of years, but I do remember something like that.  I don't think it added up to anything in the end.  I think I got an extra 700 bucks right before ELT school. 
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline johnigma

• Light User
  • keep on shimming, keep on shiiiiming!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2005, 01:05 »
I can tell you this much.  I just finished the pipeline and had volunteered subs in boot camp.  I received back pay from the day I volunteered to the day I graduated.
girls are pretty

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?