Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu POSS Test Expiration Question  

Author Topic: POSS Test Expiration Question  (Read 5446 times)

Offline lmo8290

• Very Lite User
POSS Test Expiration Question
« on: Dec 24, 2015, 12:30 »
Hello Everyone,

New account, but have been lurking and reading for a while.  I have a question that I have been unable to find a proper answer to.  Forgive me for starting a new topic if this has been covered elsewhere.  I am attempting to get hired on as an Operator with the utility company I am with.  I took the POSS test about two years ago and passed, however, I wasn't hired at the time.  My question is, how long does my passing score remain valid for?  Thank you for all of your help.

-Levi

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: POSS Test Expiration Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2015, 09:59 »
Levi,
The short answer is that it depends on the company.  My company policy, last time that I checked was 7 years.  The first place to check would probably be with your HR department or your Union steward if your company has Union contracts.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline lmo8290

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2015, 03:15 »
Thank you for your reply. 14 months would be an awfully short amount of time for it to remain valid, wouldn't it? That's what someone told me, but I'm not sure they know what they are talking about.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2015, 05:53 »
Thank you for your reply. 14 months would be an awfully short amount of time for it to remain valid, wouldn't it? That's what someone told me, but I'm not sure they know what they are talking about.
best two check with trained professionals at that company. h.r. division has a bunch of desks inhabited by those woo no.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline lmo8290

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2015, 08:32 »
Finally found the answer to my question.  Our POSS test scores expire 2 years after the date the test was taken.  I guess every place does their own thing when it comes to the test scores.

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2016, 02:26 by lmo8290 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?