Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ray "Rapid Ray" Roseberry

Author Topic: Ray "Rapid Ray" Roseberry  (Read 9450 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Ray "Rapid Ray" Roseberry
« on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:58 »
Ray has been in poor health for a while and passed last night. If anyone sees his Obit please post.

Offline Diana

• Very Lite User
Re: Ray "Rapid Ray" Roseberry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2016, 11:30 »
We lost another LEGEND yesterday.  I had the pleasure of working for Ray for 7 years at Fernald and with him as a contractor on the road at many different plants.  HE will be missed.  RiP my friend. 

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2016, 11:43 »
Wow.  This one is a shocker as we all thought he was on the way to better health.  I learned a lot from Rapid at Lucie in 2011.  Was one of the quirkiest guys I have ever met, but the amount of knowledge in that head was massive.  RIP to a legend.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2016, 01:20 »
The two guys that were always cranky and quirky and funny and great teachers and fun supervisors. Ray Roseberry and Jim Foster have passed on and entered through the gates of wherever they choose to go. They will both be missed and will always be a staple in my Fernald memories. Billy Joel said "Only the good die young". I beg to differ. My thoughts and prayers and condolences go out to the Roseberry's. Goodbye Ray, you will be remembered always.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2016, 01:41 »
Sorry to hear that Ray passed. Shared many times with him and Slow Joe. Lots of stories!!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2016, 01:56 »
First worked with Ray in the 80's at Millstone. What a piece of work.Great guy. Well now that Bill Mahoney, Buffalo Bob Burns, Joe Kiman and now Rapid Ray from the old bad ass days of PARTY. Rest in peace brother.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2016, 02:16 by DJ@Houston »
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

SCMasterchef

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2016, 12:09 »
 :-X  Have known Ray since 1985, a real work of art, good guy, and a treat to be around.  I remember first getting to know Ray at Brunswick and then at VC Summer.  Worked with him again at Fernald in the early 2000's.  Rest in peace my friend.  You will always be remembered.

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:46 »
Rad was a long time friend, worked with him from the early 80's up to 2012 St Lucie
Millstone, North Anna, Surry, Turkey Point to list a few.  PRAYERS go out to the Roseberry
Family.  He will be greatly missed.
Kenny Bristol & Susan Newton

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:37 »
rapid ray.... won great character! first time we worked together was at pilgrim, fall outage in '81. went pool shooting one morning when there was a strike (yeah, eye no... who wood have think  ;) ), n I took out his front tooth with a jump shot to the corner. made the shot too. rapid n eye laffed about that everytime we hooked up.
r.i.p. my man, r.i.p.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

papajoe52

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2016, 11:00 »
First met Ray at Brunswick where he was hiding his long hair under a hat that sure made one supervisor . The last time was at Browns Ferry and he still was going strong. He sure made working those long hours fun .

Offline Brandt

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2020, 01:40 »
Worked with Rapid Ray and slow Joe at HB Robinson in 1980 on refueling floor. That guy was a hard worker and knew his job. I guess thats why they called him Rapid Ray. We had fun on the job and off-great parties. He was a very good tech and will be missed.
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2020, 01:44 by Brandt »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?