Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Has anyone taken nantel NUF recently honeypot

Author Topic: Has anyone taken nantel NUF recently  (Read 8604 times)

Offline justme

• Moderate User
Has anyone taken nantel NUF recently
« on: Jan 24, 2016, 10:07 »
Was wondering if anyone had taken the test recently.  Hear rumors from people that it is harder than before.  Could it be only a matter of it being on computer instead of on paper?  Is the test timed like the nukeworker quizes  or is it done in a specific time frame?  Can you move skip questions and come back to them?

Sorry, been 5 years and the last time I took it was on paper.

I have all the study material, cram notes and do the quizes.  Have to take it this coming week.

Thanks
It is what it is!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Has anyone taken nantel NUF recently
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:32 »
The test is not harder, in fact, it is easier.  They added a few alpha questions.  Using the NUF Cram notes 2016 edition will get you ready for the test.
The test is on NANTeL, as such, you can move back and forth through the questions, mark them, and change them.  It is not timed, however, I'm sure there is a limit to how long a proctor would want to hang around after quitting time.

You will do just fine.  The test is very similar to the Cram notes, and online practice test.  If you have the cram notes memorized, and can ace the practice test, you will breeze through the NANTeL version with no issues.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2016, 11:34 by Rennhack »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2016, 01:06 »
Took it in 2014 and thought it was a bit easier with some alpha questions.  Questions seemed more straight forward and while it was instrument heavy, not near as bad as the one I took in 2010.  Seems like they may have gotten rid of some ambiguous/bad questions.

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2016, 02:04 »
Thanks
It is what it is!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2016, 03:13 »
Took it in 2014 and thought it was a bit easier with some alpha questions.  Questions seemed more straight forward and while it was instrument heavy, not near as bad as the one I took in 2010.  Seems like they may have gotten rid of some ambiguous/bad questions.

That is correct.  There are 16 questions about instruments.

The 2016 NUF study guide tells you how many questions there are on each subject, as well as which subjects are NOT on the test.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2016, 07:17 by Rennhack »

Offline ladyfive0

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2016, 06:38 »
Hi

I recently received my copy of the 2016 Edition NUF Cram Notes and I must say that I am so impressed with the book. After studying it, I am not as nervous as I was before. This will be my second time taking the NUF (2012 was my 1st) and I wish I had this my first time around. In addition to it being straight forward and cutting out a lot of guessing it has "PRO TIPS" which gives you a tip on remembering important points. This is an AWESOME tool to use when studying for the NUF. I would recommend anyone taking the NUF to purchase a copy.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2016, 07:16 »
Hi

I recently received my copy of the 2016 Edition NUF Cram Notes and I must say that I am so impressed with the book. After studying it, I am not as nervous as I was before. This will be my second time taking the NUF (2012 was my 1st) and I wish I had this my first time around. In addition to it being straight forward and cutting out a lot of guessing it has "PRO TIPS" which gives you a tip on remembering important points. This is an AWESOME tool to use when studying for the NUF. I would recommend anyone taking the NUF to purchase a copy.

Thank you for the kind words.

There are only 5 reviews on Amazon, please encourage everyone who has used it to review it on Amazon:
http://amzn.to/1ZXseNj

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2016, 09:52 »
did the n.u.f. in 2015 after using cram notes exclusively. first time eye took it this millenium. didn't think it was very tuff. thinking that if yew have bin in the biz, yule pass this test, with a little prep.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016, 09:52 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2016, 10:00 »
did the n.u.f. in 2015 after using cram notes exclusively. first time eye took it this millenium. didn't think it was very tuff. thinking that if yew have bin in the biz, yule pass this test, with a little prep.  ;)

as long as you have been claiming expertise n this discipline?!?!?,...

I should f------g hope so!!!!!!,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2016, 03:30 »
as long as you have been claiming expertise n this discipline?!?!?,...

I should f------g hope so!!!!!!

O:)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2016, 04:12 »
I took the test in July of 2015. Mike's already gotten my feedback but I scored a 96% and the only thing I studied was the Nukeworker practice test and a quick breeze through cram notes. If you can do it here you can do it there! The test is almost exactly what you see on the practice test but has no timer. You should be fine! [salute]
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?