Career Path > Coming Back

out of Nuclear field for over 3 years

(1/2) > >>

moltra:
I am a Navy Nuc, that was in the USN nuclear field for over 11 years and worked at USEC ACP for 3 years total, last 1.5 years was in a security holding position.  Since then I have been working in the Steel Industry.  I lost my job back in Oct 2015 and have not had any luck finding anything in the Nuclear contract field.  I keep getting told that I need recent experience.  My last Nuclear Contracting job was as the Lead Electrical Field Engineer for Williams Specialty Services at Watts Bar Unit 2 construction back in January 2011.  Anyone know of a position or a way to get back in the nuclear field.  I have been out of work for 3 months and I need to get back to work, the area I live in is an area where there is not a lot of plants, and the ones that are here have laid people off in the last 6 months.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/smsjob

Ksheed:
Check your PM's.

Rerun:
Check the various utility sites. Also why just limit yourself to nukes?

RANDYNIER70:
RERUN, What other choices are out there that pay similar to nuclear work? please help. im looking to get back into nuke outages. ive been out of it for about 2 years. any help would be greatly appreciated by all.

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: RANDYNIER70 on Jul 05, 2017, 04:23 ---RERUN, What other choices are out there that pay similar to nuclear work? please help. im looking to get back into nuke outages. ive been out of it for about 2 years. any help would be greatly appreciated by all.

--- End quote ---

Rerun hasn't logged onto this site since August 16, 2016.

It is my understanding that the construction sites at Summer and Vogtle have high turnover rates. Perhaps you should look into that. They are in a bit of a transition period with Westinghouse filling bankruptcy, but I doubt that the projects will be canceled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version