Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Nuke Security Clearance?  

Author Topic: Navy Nuke Security Clearance?  (Read 7437 times)

Offline Carolina23

• Very Lite User
Navy Nuke Security Clearance?
« on: Jan 31, 2016, 06:12 »
Here's my story in a nutshell: I first depped in 20150602 as AECF/reserves. Scored 94 on the ASVAB, never considered nuke as an option. Then on 20151009 I depped in again after taking the NAPT and scoring 80, I wanted the nuke option but I had to wait for a clearance so I chose AECF in the meantime. I was so excited. Until I got denied from the nuke program. First, mom was born in Panama so I sent them her citizenship papers and rhey said it was ok. Then, they found my stepmom (whom I don't even communicate with and have 0 ties with) was born in Venezuela. So I sent them her citizenship papers and still got rejected. They're both citizens, have lived in the US 20+ years. I have absolutely 0 ties with stepmom. What I'm basically asking is, has anyone had a similar problem? What was the outcome? Are there other things I can do to obtain a waiver after being denied 3 times? I'm shipping off 20160216 and I really don't want to do AECF. My other option is applying to STA 21 after bootcamp. Thanks

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: Navy Nuke Security Clearance?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2016, 10:04 »
Here's my story in a nutshell: I first depped in 20150602 as AECF/reserves. Scored 94 on the ASVAB, never considered nuke as an option. Then on 20151009 I depped in again after taking the NAPT and scoring 80, I wanted the nuke option but I had to wait for a clearance so I chose AECF in the meantime. I was so excited. Until I got denied from the nuke program. First, mom was born in Panama so I sent them her citizenship papers and rhey said it was ok. Then, they found my stepmom (whom I don't even communicate with and have 0 ties with) was born in Venezuela. So I sent them her citizenship papers and still got rejected. They're both citizens, have lived in the US 20+ years. I have absolutely 0 ties with stepmom. What I'm basically asking is, has anyone had a similar problem? What was the outcome? Are there other things I can do to obtain a waiver after being denied 3 times? I'm shipping off 20160216 and I really don't want to do AECF. My other option is applying to STA 21 after bootcamp. Thanks

Who is 'they'? The recruiter or the security clearance investigators? FWIWI, a friend of mine has a parent who was born overseas. Comes up every SSBI (for some reason it always sounds like they 'found' it even though he discloses it on the SF-86), but in the end he was always cleared TS/SCI eligible.

Offline Carolina23

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2016, 10:20 »
They= security clearance investigators

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2016, 01:45 »
They= security clearance investigators
That is unusual. Are you sure there's not more to the story with your parents past? Did they interpret you as lying on your application?

I served with an officer born with a non-US citizenship, came to the U.S. when hew as 16... he was approved TS/SCI clearance.

Ask your recruiter if there's anything you can do to get your clearance approved at this point. If not, then your options for military service are going to be very limited.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2016, 01:53 by spekkio »

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2016, 09:31 »
As I'm not a security clearance expert, I can only guess, but it seems like it's the Venezuelan step-mom. Unfortunately it will be hard to prove you have no ties to her, so that will make your journey tough.

Offline mick996

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:20 »
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this problem, but I was hoping you could help me. I signed with up on the same program as you just last week and I am waiting for my security clearance check to come back. How long did yours take before you got an answer?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?