Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New graduate

Author Topic: New graduate  (Read 4254 times)

Offline JSSCOTT

• Lurker
New graduate
« on: Feb 29, 2016, 01:43 »
Hi, I am about to graduate with my masters in Environmental Health Physics from Clemson University. I wanted some advice on where should I be looking to get junior/entry level HP experience. I eventually want to get the CHP certification. I have just noticed that most of the HP jobs that I have looked at require like 3-5 years of experience in the field. My masters will supposedly count as 1 year for some companies.

I was thinking about applying for HP tech positions even though it wont count towards the certification.

Thanks

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: New graduate
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29, 2016, 10:04 »
ALWAYS apply, the worst that can happen is a No.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2016, 01:43 »
ALWAYS apply, the worst that can happen is a No. 

For once I have to agree with RR!  Apply!  You have a fresh degree, from where you are apply with Duke, go down to Columbia and apply with the state, slip over to GA and apply at SR.

When you selected your major you must have had some ideas!  Apply!  And talk to the advisors, professors, etc. at Clemson.

What you see here is mostly for the experienced, but, again your professors/advisors are up to date on who is looking for the new folks. 
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2016, 09:15 »
I have to agree, try the states.  Good place to start with that degree.
LM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?