Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu HP Technical Trainer Position in Albuquerque...Questions?  

Author Topic: HP Technical Trainer Position in Albuquerque...Questions?  (Read 15241 times)

cedugger

All,

For those of you interested in the HP Technical Trainer position at the Defense Nuclear Weapons School in Albuquerque, please feel free to ask questions here to get clarification on the position requirements, average day in the life of, types of students and classes you'd be teaching.

I won't be able to answer anything to do with money matters...sorry. Additionally, I am not associated with the hiring company, so I cannot provide much on that topic either.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2016, 04:19 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: HP Technical Trainer Position in Albuquerque...Questions?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2016, 04:23 »
If I could move there, I'd take it.  It sounds like a very rewarding position. -- Fortunately, I just took an equally nice job at home.

cedugger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2016, 04:30 »
They posted a salary.

Yep...noted. But I cannot comment as to how it compares to a typical instructor's salary in the school house, or how it compares to my salary in that same position.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2016, 09:16 »
If I could move there, I'd take it.  It sounds like a very rewarding position. -- Fortunately, I just took an equally nice job at home.

Mike,
Inquiring minds want to know!
LM

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2016, 01:04 »
Mike,
Inquiring minds want to know!
LM

I'm the new Safety Coordinator at Palisades.

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2016, 08:20 »

Congrats Mike! [salute] [clap]
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:04 »
Well hey congrats!

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:19 »
Congrats Mike! [salute] [clap]

House I am assuming?
LM

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2016, 05:12 »
Congrats Mike!  You're where you want to be and in a well deserved position!  A little too far North for me!

O:) :old: [beer]
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2016, 11:00 »

Enjoy sending out yet another mass email about line-of-fire and using PPE ;)

(Congrats!)

Chimera

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2016, 07:26 »
All,

For those of you interested in the HP Technical Trainer position at the Defense Nuclear Weapons School in Albuquerque, please feel free to ask questions here to get clarification on the position requirements, average day in the life of, types of students and classes you'd be teaching.

I won't be able to answer anything to do with money matters...sorry. Additionally, I am not associated with the hiring company, so I cannot provide much on that topic either.

I'm still curious why an active Top Secret clearance is needed to be an HP Trainer.  On a lesser note, I'm also curious about the requirement for a bachelor's degree.  DOE O 426.2 doesn't require that.  I've been training Techs for decades and I've never needed a Top Secret clearance nor a bachelor's degree.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2016, 08:39 »
I'm still curious why an active Top Secret clearance is needed to be an HP Trainer.  On a lesser note, I'm also curious about the requirement for a bachelor's degree.  DOE O 426.2 doesn't require that.  I've been training Techs for decades and I've never needed a Top Secret clearance nor a bachelor's degree.

someone at a professional symposium once asked me why we would have Cs-137 at an old government cyclotron we were presenting as a paper,...

I answered:

"When I'm working government jobs I do not ask why or how the facts became the facts, I just work with the facts that are."

turns out that at this particular professional symposium, it was a well received answer,... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

cedugger

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2016, 12:48 »

The Bachelor's degree is just preferred...not required.

The government's requirements for clearance is only Secret, with a couple riders on it (Critical Nuclear Weapons Design Information, Restricted Data, NATO). This position isn't training HP techs, nor is it swinging a meter in the traditional sense. One responsibility is training members of the counter-WMD community on responding to and "interrogating" a RDD or improvised nuke weapon, which have classified aspects in the response. Additionally, the Nuclear Weapons Instructional Museum (part of the school) has all nukes we've ever had in our stockpile since Little Boy, to include cutaways of their guts. I'm not sure why the contract is making this a TS requirement...it was for me too, but it's not necessary.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:45 »
The Bachelor's degree is just preferred...not required.

The government's requirements for clearance is only Secret, with a couple riders on it (Critical Nuclear Weapons Design Information, Restricted Data, NATO). This position isn't training HP techs, nor is it swinging a meter in the traditional sense. One responsibility is training members of the counter-WMD community on responding to and "interrogating" a RDD or improvised nuke weapon, which have classified aspects in the response. Additionally, the Nuclear Weapons Instructional Museum (part of the school) has all nukes we've ever had in our stockpile since Little Boy, to include cutaways of their guts. I'm not sure why the contract is making this a TS requirement...it was for me too, but it's not necessary.

Even the hydrogen weapons? Deployable or Test?

cedugger

« Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2016, 04:07 »
Even the hydrogen weapons? Deployable or Test?
The museum has displays of all stockpile nukes (past and present), including thermo. All of the museum displays are dummies now...the 'real' guts replaced with mostly benign materials.

**Edited to prevent anything from being taken out of context**
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2016, 05:06 by slavutich »

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2016, 08:29 »
Ok stockpile nukes. Thanks

Chimera

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2016, 10:06 »

Wow!  You just made that job ever so much more interesting.

Offline Jason9x

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:54 »
Additionally, the Nuclear Weapons Instructional Museum (part of the school) has all nukes we've ever had in our stockpile since Little Boy, to include cutaways of their guts. I'm not sure why the contract is making this a TS requirement...it was for me too, but it's not necessary.

Had a chance to go there back in Feb while I was there for RAPTOR training, I don't have my Q yet so I couldn't go. Real bummer too, sounds really interesting.
Jason

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?