Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview for Instrument Tech at Exelon LaSalle station
honeypot

Author Topic: Interview for Instrument Tech at Exelon LaSalle station  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Kohrs93

• Lurker
Hello everyone,

I took my TECH test this past Monday (3/14).  My scores came back recommended and I received a call for an interview today.  I am heading to the LaSalle station next Thursday (3/24).

I have read pretty much every thread I can find on this forum relating to Exelon or interviewing.  However I don't think any of them were for Instrument Tech positions (I started reading last week so I may have missed/forgotten 1 or 2).  Does anyone have any Instrument Tech specific advice for interviews?

I have read up on the STAR/Behavior Based interviewing techniques and read all the questions you guys have said to be prepared for, I'm working on responses to each one.  I have been gunning for a job in Nuclear since I decided to go back to school three years ago, so needless to say I am extremely nervous/anxious.  I finish my Bachelors in the beginning of May, so I want to be as prepared as possible to give myself the best chance.  I've been working as an Instrument Tech for the past 5 months, and was a Automotive Technician/Service Manager for 5 years prior to that.  I'm confident in my abilities, but worried that my age (23) and my limited IT experience will cause some issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!  I'm looking forward to opening a new chapter in my life.

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
Re: Interview for Instrument Tech at Exelon LaSalle station
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2016, 09:34 »
Behavior based, it's all you'll be asked. I'd be surprised if you were asked any technical questions.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2016, 09:05 »
Your age and experience will not hurt you in the least

Offline heavydose

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2016, 01:17 »
They will want to know what types of instrumentation you have worked with. Knowing the instruments that they currently use there and the list that you have worked with would be good to be ready to tell them.

Offline Kohrs93

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2016, 11:49 »
Thanks everyone!  I am finishing up preparations for my interview tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck!

Offline blackb3lt

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 01:54 »
How did it go?  Have you received an update or feedback?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?