Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Quiz is now Pay-4-Play honeypot

Author Topic: Quiz is now Pay-4-Play  (Read 8237 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Quiz is now Pay-4-Play
« on: Apr 24, 2016, 06:54 »
The Online practice tests have been broken and fixed a few times in the last few weeks as we migrated to our new server, and upgraded our software.  I was really worried that we would not be able to adapt the quiz software to the new environment.  However, we have been successful, and all of the changes are now behind us. (The software still uses 'Flash' technology, which means that devices like iPhones don't support it natively, and need an aftermarket flash plugin installed. -- Someday we will work on fixing that.  But that requires a lot of money, and a developer.

With all of that work, another change was made.  We now require that you become a Gold Member to use the NukeWorker online practice tests. 

Click here to become a Gold Member

Why did we do that? 

In order to allow our practice tests to remain online, we feel that we need to protect it with a pay-wall.  This prevents abuse.  And the potential threat that we be required to take it offline permanently.  Those of you that have used it, know what I mean.

In the near future, I'm adding more questions.  For example, some DOE Part II questions (19 more quiz's), and an update to the old DOE Part I questions.  This developement takes time, and I have to decide how to prioritize my time.  This will help it rank higher in priority.

The additional funding may also help us develop a version that works with iPhones.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016, 09:56 by Rennhack »

Offline Gkeeler

• Lurker
Re: Quiz is now Pay-4-Play
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2016, 08:41 »
IsFitzpatrick plant going to shut down?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2016, 11:32 »
gist throwing this idea out they're.

watt if study guides where purchased on line four electronic use.  wood that permit quiz taking?

gist axing.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline charles birchfield

• Radiation Safety
  • Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2016, 04:16 »
That kind of null and voids the premise of free online quiz, doesn't it? I have been using these series of quizzes to prep for my core exam. I am dead in the water now!!!! >:(
Chares R. Birchfield

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2016, 11:06 »
I have been using these series of quizzes to prep for my core exam. I am dead in the water now!!!! >:(

Charles,

You don't HAVE to be dead in the water now.  I just spent thousands of dollars, and hundreds of hours fixing the broken quiz's so that you COULD use them if you choose.  You can choose to use them for about a dollar a week (15 cents a day). That is a much better choice than the other choice we were facing, which was to leave the quiz software broken.

The facility info section is still broken, but I'm working on that.

mroot

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2016, 03:50 »
Hi there.  I know I'm getting necro on this thread, but I'm not sure where else to post and this seems as good a place as any.  How long does it take to accept payment?  I paid for the membership, but I can't access the tests. 

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2016, 08:29 »
Hi there.  I know I'm getting necro on this thread, but I'm not sure where else to post and this seems as good a place as any.  How long does it take to accept payment?  I paid for the membership, but I can't access the tests. 

If nothing goes wrong, it's instant.

I have no record of a payment from your email address.  Email me a copy of your order receipt.  Or what email address you used for payment.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2016, 04:00 »

It looks like your transaction completed, and you were upgraded.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?