Career Path > Different Country

Moving from UK to Canada/USA

<< < (2/2)

I moved to Canada years ago as an Engineer. Professional qualification can be a problem depending on your status as an Engineer in the UK. Suggest you contact the Professional Engineers Association in the Province you plan on moving to & determine if you are eligible for membership and thus P. Eng status prior to moving. A P.Eng opens doors to real engineering jobs and better pay. Used to be that a Chartered Engineer in the UK had some reciprocal recognition in Canada - don't know if that still applies. Moving without your P.Eng designation makes life harder until you get it.

Big employers in nuclear are Ontario Power Generation and Bruce Power. Both utilities have good web sites with job postings. NOTE: Both utilities are currently moving into reactor refurbishment and will be looking for nuclear experienced staff NOW.


[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version