Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Memorable Jobs

Author Topic: Memorable Jobs  (Read 26365 times)

LaFeet

Re: Memorable Jobs
« Reply #25 on: Apr 20, 2007, 06:18 »
I really enjoyed my time at Sandia.  Learned a lot and got exposed to a wide range of different technologies, each needing their own little "twwek" of radiological controls

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 23, 2007, 06:53 »
most memorable job is probably the time three of us (HP Techs) were sent into an 8 foot diameter circ water line to frisk it (a decommish)...   the safety rep was an older fellow who had less than a year to go before retirement, was bored and probably had a touch of the alzheiszmer...   he was so worried we'd get lost in the pipe that he kept wanting to tether us off...   i was accused of initiating this (the two other techs were a couple of cuties) but it didn't happen as there were cooler heads prevailing... and as it turned out..  we didn't get lost in the pipe since it wasn't exactly a maze...

Boy Gonzo,

You missed it at the end - surveying the drain pipe from the backyard to the river - from the inside...tethered off with a Bechtel guy trying to stay awake at the end of your rope. Ya shoulda come back!
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

stewdill

« Reply #27 on: Jun 01, 2007, 03:58 »
I have only been doing this for about four years but Fort Calhoun in 2003? I think was the year. They dropped a fuel bundle. When we pulled up to security they told us the plant had been evacuated and turn the car around. But we pulled over on the side of the road and a few minutes later they let us back in.

Then enter the cute fishing for fuel shirts that we were informed that if we were seen in them either off or onsite we would be terminated. Fun fun

Oconee SG for Unit 3 was very fun too.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?