News and Discussions > Rennhack's Blog

New News feature

(1/8) > >>

Rennhack:
I added a new Nuclear News feature.  Instead of making Marlin and ksheed12 post stubs about news articles every day, I have finally gotten my "News Bot" working.  So now the news bot goes and gets the nuclear news, and posts it in our forum.  Then you can comment on the news, and review the history.

The bad news is that it blew out the regular posts on the home page when I ran the script a few times to back fill some on the news feeds.  Feel free to bump posts that were being discussed.

Marlin:
I like it but almost all that I post are articles that do not show up in the News Feed so you will probably still see a few depending on how good your bot is.

O:)

Rennhack:
The new system may need some tweaking over the next few days, so feel free to give me feedback.  DO you like the new way? prefer the old way.

Who moved my cheese?

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Marlin on Apr 27, 2016, 11:25 ---I like it but almost all that I post are articles that do not show up in the News Feed so you will probably still see a few depending on how good your bot is.
 O:)

--- End quote ---

I planned for that, and segregated the news bot to OTHER news boards, so that they don't dirty up your news board.  I also kept YOUR news board in the normal forum 'what new' feed.  And I placed the NEW bot feeds below that, where the old news links were.

If you tell me where you troll for news, I can see if I can add a bot for that as well.

(Part of me is even thinking about doing something like that for our job board, to put stubs in the forum, so people can talk about the jobs.... something tells me that might be a bad idea tho... ;)

Rennhack:
Also, I added ksheed12 and you as moderators to the regular news forum.  I'm thinking of making him moderator of all of the new news feed sections as well (if he wants it)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version