Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vince Rotolo

Author Topic: Vince Rotolo  (Read 9097 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Vince Rotolo
« on: Apr 30, 2016, 06:27 »
I have just learned that Vince Rotolo has unexpectedly passed away from us. Vince has been at VC Summer for decades. He got his start at Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory. Vince went on the road with RAD Services in the 70s. I understand services will be held for him next week in his hometown of Charleroi PA.
Although we have only communicated by Christmas cards this millenium, I will miss Vince. His smile and attitude were infectious and made the days of outage work in the early days of the business a lot more enjoyable.
RIP my friend.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2016, 02:05 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Vince Rotolo
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 03:26 »
Pete: I'm sorry to hear that, I don't think he ever worked for me, I heard the name, but you know if he was a friend of yours he was a friend of mine.  My prayers and sympathy for the family go out with yours!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline msw136c

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:12 »
Vince was a good buddy of mine in the late  70's.He was a cool dude to know and hang with.RIP. Sorry  Pete.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:35 »
eye am deeply saddened by Vince's passing. we had a good time working together in the 70s at ginna, oconee, and da beav. two many memories too list, but a couple stand out... the time he bought an audi at oconee right before we left. he and mary were piloting the audi behind my cutlass when he started flashing his lights and went to the side of the road, out of oil! long story short, a trucker gave him fore quarts and we were back on our now separate ways - his back to the dealer and me too da burgh. then their was his $750 suit at ginna....
r.i.p. my friend, r.i.p.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:37 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline wasteman

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 02:55 »
slo- was he the one that earned the nickname "skid" when we were working at oconee?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 06:21 »
slo- was he the one that earned the nickname "skid" when we were working at oconee?
aye yam thinking knot. due knot remember vinnie playing in that area. butt that area has fuzzy memories.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:10 »
Vincent Rotolo, 64, of Irmo, S.C., formerly of Charleroi, died unexpectedly, on Wednesday, April 27, 2016.  Born on December 10, 1951, he was the son of the late James Rotolo, and Rosemarie "Dolly" Newstrom, who survives, and lives in Chula Vista, CA.   

Vincent was a graduate of the Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, and had worked at Bettis Atomic Laboratory, before relocating to Dothan, Alabama and the Farley Nuclear Station, and finally the V.C. Summer Nuclear Station, in South Carolina, where he has been employed in the Health Physics department since 1983.  He had many hobbies including running, travelling the world, collecting movies and movie memorabilia, and collecting vinyl records.  As a very technical and computer oriented movie lover, he created and hosted a weekly internet radio show, the B-Movie Cast, www.bmoviecast.com, and he made many great friends across the world.  Mr Rotolo was a well loved, quiet, soft spoken man, and he loved his cat, Mei Kitty.   

In addition to his mother, he is survived by his wife, Mary Lynn Rotolo, of Irmo, S.C., whom he met on a blind date 48 years ago; his step-mother, Barbara Dagarin Rotolo, of Monessen; brother, Edmund Rotolo, of Chula Vista, CA; along with numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins.   

Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3, in the CARL J. SPALLINO FUNERAL HOME, 819 Fallowfield Ave., Charleroi, PA 15022, Joseph A. Lopez, funeral director.  Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, in Mary, Mother of the Church, Charleroi, with interment following in Grandview Cemetery, Monessen.   

Memorial contributions may be made in Vince's name to the Ray & Diana Harryhausen Foundation at www.rayharryhausen.com
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

tagline

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 08:04 »
SloGlo...check your messages.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 12:19 »
There's a man from a long time ago,
When I used to work above the glow,
Hard to believe that he has passed,
Thought for sure he'd ever last,
A man I knew as Vince Rotolo.

RIP, Vince.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?