Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Transferring and NUPOC  

Author Topic: Transferring and NUPOC  (Read 5522 times)

ellemnop

Transferring and NUPOC
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:24 »
Hello I have been researching NUPOC and have been unable to find an answer for my question of transferring and when to apply for NUPOC.
i have been accepted to a 4 year university engineering program so not currently enrolled in 4 year bachelors program but once this semester is finished and summer begins, technically I will be.i have yet to meet with a recruiter. Should I begin the process during summer, fall or wait until winter?

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
Re: Transferring and NUPOC
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 12:33 »
Ellemnop,

You must be enrolled and within 30 months of graduation to be accepted to the NUPOC program.  You must also have completed two semesters of Calculus and Physics each at a minimum and meet other competitive criteria.  You should approach an Officer Recruiter the summer after your Freshman year to submit an application, and you will become eligible in ~December of your Sophomore year.  It doesn't hurt to reach out to a recruiter beforehand to express interest, but be aware that you won't actually be able to apply yet. 

Best,
Brian
"That's what it is to be a human -- to always do the best you can, no matter the circumstances."
-Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 10:22 »
Ellemnop,

You must be enrolled and within 30 months of graduation to be accepted to the NUPOC program.  You must also have completed two semesters of Calculus and Physics each at a minimum and meet other competitive criteria.  You should approach an Officer Recruiter the summer after your Freshman year to submit an application, and you will become eligible in ~December of your Sophomore year.  It doesn't hurt to reach out to a recruiter beforehand to express interest, but be aware that you won't actually be able to apply yet. 

Best,
Brian

Thanx for the input  +K

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 11:04 »
All that is available on the NUPOC website...

ellemnop

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:27 »
My apologies on not being clear enough. I'm transferring from a community college into a 4 year in the fall as a junior. 1 year of Calculus and physics complete. Thanks for the help.

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:42 »
It sounds like you are technically eligible then, but will need to have your expected course schedule for your new school to submit an Academic Degree Completion Plan (ADCP).  Be advised that NR typically once to see at least one semester at the new institution if it is of an objectively higher caliber than the pre-transfer institution.  There's no set rule (that I'm aware of) but don't be surprised if your screen is something to the effect of "resubmit after next semester grades".  It happens fairly often -- the implication being that if you do well you'll likely get a "yes" screen after the resubmission.

---

I'd still submit the application -- depending on GPA and test scores they may just say "Yes", but I wanted to calibrate expectations. 
"That's what it is to be a human -- to always do the best you can, no matter the circumstances."

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 05:46 »
"once" was supposed to be "wants"

ellemnop

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 12:50 »
Thank you much for your input. That was exactly the info I needed for now. :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:57 by ellemnop »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?