Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pro-nuclear GOP senator urges Tennessee to reject wind farm

Author Topic: Pro-nuclear GOP senator urges Tennessee to reject wind farm  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
I tend to be an all of the above kind of guy on future of power with nuclear as an anchor. But I tend to think that the blind plunge into wind and solar to make yourself feel good is not different than the early days of nuclear when it was advertised as clean and too cheap to meter. We are just getting bigger wind turbines that do little to solve the other environmental problems of bird kills, noise, and aesthetics. Slowing down recognizing the need to evolve into a different power grid is not an immediate emergency and could benefit from free market solutions. An example is bladeless turbines.

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/future-wind-turbines-no-blades/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:44 by Marlin »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Projected to power 20,000 homes...........30% of the time. I noticed that wasn't mentioned in the article. This is my kind of Politician.

I'd rather base my electric generation on the atom than mother nature's decision to supply wind.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?