Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu School breaks for nuke students??? honeypot

Author Topic: School breaks for nuke students???  (Read 12134 times)

Offline cdag

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
School breaks for nuke students???
« on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:56 »
My son will be attending Nuke school in Goose Creek this fall after boot camp.
My Question-Does school have breaks such as fall, Christmas or spring  breaks in which students are allowed to come home?
How about summer Breaks?

Thanks in advance

Proud Navy Dad.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: School breaks for nuke students???
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2016, 02:40 »
Christmas we got two weeks. Any other time no

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2016, 01:36 »
It's nothing like college, if that's what your asking.  There are no Fall/Winter/Summer breaks ever.  There was an opportunity for us to take leave between types of school (like going from nuke school to prototype), but would have to take leave for that.  The only time the Navy gives any time is usually Christmas, but maybe Easter, but it wouldn't be but a day or 2 except for Christmas. But that was 25 years ago so could be slightly different since everything's in Charleston.  Recent grads chime it?

Samabby

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2016, 09:13 »
Dad, I sent you a PM

Offline Arxos

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2016, 04:33 »
He gets Christmas break, which is 2 weeks max, and little breaks like 3 and 4 day weekends thrown in if they coincide with federal holidays. He'll also get 8 days or so off after A School, 10 days off after Power School when he transfers to Prototype, and almost 30 days off after he finishes Prototype, before he has to report to his first boat or ship.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2016, 04:52 »
OK 'bout the same as back in the day....

Kote

« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2016, 02:40 »
It's nothing like college, if that's what your asking.  There are no Fall/Winter/Summer breaks ever.  There was http://www.scottmcadams.org/sizegenetics-review-and-results/ the Size Genetics an opportunity for us to take leave between types of school (like going from nuke school to prototype), but would have to take leave for that.  The only time the Navy gives any time is usually Christmas, but maybe Easter, but it wouldn't be but a day or 2 except for Christmas. But that was 25 years ago so could be slightly different since everything's in Charleston.  Recent grads chime it?

I think that's good too. Some of these breaks are way too long.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2017, 11:54 by Kote »

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2016, 03:57 »
You get federal holidays off at NNPTC. Once you're at NPTU, you might be able to take leave for Christmas, but it's limited to four days, otherwise you get reduced hours, that's it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?