Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Is the nuclear liability limit a subsidy, or not?

Author Topic: Is the nuclear liability limit a subsidy, or not?  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: Is the nuclear liability limit a subsidy, or not?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2016, 02:40 »
Yes it is

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2016, 03:15 »
Yes it is

Did you even read the article? How much of the US treasury has ever been paid to a utility or what tax relief has ever given based on Price Anderson.

:-\

From the article:

"But substantial liability is not unlimited liability. The argument for limited liability is difficult to make and defend in a world of sound bites. But the argument that the Price-Anderson liability limit is a "subsidy" is simply incorrect; it has become an obvious tool with which to divert attention from the indefensible subsidies and cronyism now bestowed upon "renewable" electricity, ethanol mandates and the other such manifestations of wealth redistribution through politics."

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2016, 03:55 »

Did you even read the article? How much of the US treasury has ever been paid to a utility or what tax relief has ever given based on Price Anderson.

:-\

From the article:

"But substantial liability is not unlimited liability. The argument for limited liability is difficult to make and defend in a world of sound bites. But the argument that the Price-Anderson liability limit is a "subsidy" is simply incorrect; it has become an obvious tool with which to divert attention from the indefensible subsidies and cronyism now bestowed upon "renewable" electricity, ethanol mandates and the other such manifestations of wealth redistribution through politics."

Ever feel like this?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2016, 04:05 »
Ever feel like this?

Yes

[BH]

[coffee]

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2016, 09:23 »
 [DH] :notrolls:

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2016, 09:54 »
I read that article before you posted it, I don't think it's a subsidy because so many other businesses don't even have to pay a premium like that but can be even more dangerous.  Look at all the gas explosion stuff going on in California.  Do gas companies have to pay a huge insurance premium like nuclear? I don't know but probably not.  I think commercial natural gas has killed more people than commercial nuclear in the U.S.  Another unfair levy aimed at nuclear power actually, not a subsidy.  In reality on the surface it looks like other forms of power are less safe than nuclear power and could probably use more insurance than nuclear.

Look at the banking industry.  They didn't even have to pay insurance like a nuke plant does but I wonder how many lives the big banks destroyed back in 08?  And who bailed them out?  Our government.  Nuclear power has been pouring money into those insurance premiums and from "help" from INPO etc and I doubt the got that kind of a return..

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2016, 05:00 »
You think? Natural Gas plants have killed more by FAR......since Nuclear has killed ZERO. I ain't talkin fatalities from an industrial hazard standpoint (although Nuclear is still BY FAR superior over every other power industry from that aspect too) I'm talkin from a radiological, nuclear unique hazard......ZERO. This is fact and cannot be disputed.

Price Anderson a subsidy.....hahahahahahahahah ahahah (vomits on shoes from overall laughter)
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?