Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site  

Author Topic: Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site  (Read 40511 times)

philpatton

Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site
« on: Dec 13, 2002, 01:53 »
My vote would have to go to both FPL Plants.  The best food service of any plant I've been to.

ex-turbine_cowboy

Re: Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2002, 05:31 »
Talk about a blast from the past...I remember the highly aclaimed $100.00 sandwiches that were served at a plant in South Jersey...had to eat them with a straw...not that I would know from any rumored experience...How about you Rapid...bring back memories?

RADBASTARD

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2002, 06:02 »
I thought the $100 sandwiches were at turkey point?

I love a great steak salad at beaver valley!

I love a great cheese steak at salem!

I love a great shimburger at calvert cliffs!

I love those huge breakfast's at a resturaunt called linda's at seabrook.I think they use dinosaur eggs

Fermione

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2002, 04:52 »
:)  I thought the food at Palo Verde was excellent.  Not always esay to get depending on which unit you were working.  The view at Pilgrim was great especially when the public provided live entertainment on the rocks below!  Anybody else remember that one?  Security steped in and ended the show.  

Doc_REM

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2002, 08:13 »
Ft. Calhoun had a great caf. Good food with a veiw of the river and all those ducks and geasse on the other side of the river.
VERYONE stopped for lunch...and if you didn't play cards you only had 15 mins. to finish your lunch ;D

Offline gmoney

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2002, 11:12 »
8)

Prime Rib at Diablo Canyon's 'Canyon Cafe'. Great food at low prices. Excellent dining area, salad bar is great, sandwich line can't be beat, and grill and bakery are superb. Several top name coffee's always freshly brewed. Open 24/7 (except for a mere 30 min. change over at midnight)during outages and they are very friendly toward contractors. Conveniently located in the protected area. If you haven't been there yet ............you need to get on over-- and get ya some.:-)

It's been said an army runs on it's stomach,.....my opinion is: so does an outage. Overall, these courteous people do a tremendous job running the cafeteria at DCPP and rarely does anyone thank them for all their hard work.

I give the "Canyon Cafe" 5 stars ....thumbs up all the way any day.

Pet_Cow

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2002, 07:47 »
You mean eating a donut and drinking coffee while dressed out at Maine Yankee doesn't rate an honorable mention? No wait a minute... I think this belongs under the "What's wrong with this picture" heading. I am so confused. Too many $100.00 sandwiches.

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2002, 06:17 »
gmoney. I'll second the motion on DCPP. Best food ever at a power house.

Offline AMU

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2002, 08:52 »
Palo Verde has to get my vote.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2002, 12:36 »
The #1 selling breakfast at Cooper, far and away, is the chicken strips and fries. Stop on by and get some  :)

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2002, 01:29 »
John Mojica's wife's breakfast burritos at Beaver Valley and the munudo for hangovers.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2002, 07:09 »
Did someone say chicken?  At plant hatch...."Whats for lunch today?" reply: "Fried Chicken, just like every day."

Doc_REM

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2005, 11:26 »
Wait...at Hatch you had a choice!....fired, baked, or barbqued CHICKEN!!!! :-\

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2005, 02:46 »
Palo Verde has to get my vote.

They don't get mine.  I got food poisoning from the place.  TWICE.  Once from the Kilowatt Cafe Grill and the other time from the Pizza Hut.

Diablo and Trojan both had some decent grub.

feathersmoke

« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2005, 08:37 »
Mmmmmm...Breakfast.....pancak es at Rocky Flats Building 750 Cafeteria:  $0.70 per pancake, and the pancake was as big as the plate!  I miss my morning pancake with Mountain Dew!  What a way to greet the morning! :P

radgal

« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2005, 04:31 »
Its been years but the Atomic Cafe at Quad Cities was awesome $1.00 for a pancake as big as a plate, if they didn't have it on the menu al ya had to do was ask and they usually made it.  Great food and inexpensive too.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 04, 2005, 08:03 »
EDF's Chinon Nuclear Power Station in Chinon France, salad, roasted rabbit with garlic and herbs, green beans, rolls, cheese and desert. Followed by espresso and dark chocolate with a hint of orange. Almost forgot, one glass of merlot from a local winery - right at the site cafeteria - for real!
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2005, 07:10 »
Pimkin's Pizza @ Peach Bottom.........Yeah right. ;)
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

TNman

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2005, 04:13 »
Another vote for Diablo, great food! High profile jobs = many meal tickets for free dining pleasure.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #19 on: Jun 16, 2005, 01:39 »
Turkey Point - The Ropa Vieja was deicious.

On the other hand every Thursday is Mom's Meat Loaf.  If my Mom's Meat Loaf tasted like that, I would have left home a lot earlier!
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

LaFeet

« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:20 »
In 1995 at VY John was the "Midshift Chef",..somma da best grub ever, Thank you John,......

John still has the show there and the food is still great

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:29 »
For commercial nuclear plants, I'd have to go with the cheesesteak wraps at Salem and the food in general at St. Lucie.  But the nachos from D1G cafeteria in the Nav at KAPL site were the bomb back in 89!

Don't even eat at Indian Point's cafeteria, HORRIBLE!

kaveman32

« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2006, 10:16 »
From what i remember Millstone's cafe was'nt to bad or grand gulfs burgers and roast beef sandwichs.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2006, 02:03 by kaveman32 »

LaFeet

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2006, 03:04 »
If ya wanna add in the navy time....  any beer cart outside EB had excellent sandwiches and that yellow fizzy stuff.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2006, 04:22 »
In the early 80's at salem the nuclear vice president named miltenberger liked this near beer drink,so he had it but in the new salem guard house on the left hand side in one whole machine filled with it.
Then somebody figured out that if you drank 6 of these beers it would equal 1 beer so they pulled it after about 9 months on site.It was in the cafe too.They were afraid the control operators would drink 36 to equal a 6 pack.

God I miss the 80's

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?