Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site  

Author Topic: Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site  (Read 40509 times)

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
Re: Best Food Served At A Nuclear Site
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2006, 04:26 »
I have to agree with hamsamich, St. Lucie's cafe was good.
One outage I had so many meal tickets that I Ate free 2 times
a day for the entire Outage.  ;D

I Work For Food...

FROG
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2006, 05:08 »
In the early 80's at salem the nuclear vice president named miltenberger liked this near beer drink,so he had it but in the new salem guard house on the left hand side in one whole machine filled with it.
Then somebody figured out that if you drank 6 of these beers it would equal 1 beer so they pulled it after about 9 months on site.It was in the cafe too.They were afraid the control operators would drink 36 to equal a 6 pack.

God I miss the 80's

sounds like shandy bass thats the nearest near beer drink i can think of dont usually find it here stateside though

LaFeet

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:22 »
sounds like shandy bass thats the nearest near beer drink i can think of dont usually find it here stateside though

Why drink "near beer"  when you can have the full monty????

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2006, 09:53 »
its actually good stuff.....a shandy is typically a lemonaide and beer concoction the soda version just has next to no alcohol in it. 

now back to the subject at hand....calvert had a tolerable semi cheese steak sammich last time i was there, while ano had a good salad bar at thier cafeteria......I cant think of too many others that stand out though

kaveman32

« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:15 »
have to agree the cheese steaks arent to bad at calvert...nor is the howard or romo.

LaFeet

« Reply #30 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:18 »
Okay... I tried the cheese steak here (sans cheese) and it was pretty damn good.... especially with jalepenos
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2006, 12:45 by LaFeet »

kaveman32

« Reply #31 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:21 »
how about a side order of fries with a sprinkle of old bay

Offline AMU

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Mar 26, 2006, 10:18 »
Log one vote for Palo Verde, it was a haul each night and worth it.   

Fermi2

« Reply #33 on: Mar 26, 2006, 10:26 »
I hear Fermi is closing their cafeteria or at least closing the seating portion and offering a limited selection.

I like the Sequoyah Cafeteria, especially on FRied Chicken day.

Mike

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #34 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:29 »
Blimpies at Ginna.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

ps3081

« Reply #35 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:44 »
Does Nine Mile have any food service on site?

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #36 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:59 »
Brunswick.. Seafood and steaks cooked to your order. Probably get the seafood fresh from the intake screens. I haven't been there since '01 so it may have changed. Great food....
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #37 on: Feb 27, 2008, 05:07 »
St. Lucie, Turkey Point, and TMI all have good onsite cafeterias.  Pickering beats them all.  But the best was that Winnebago that pulled up at SONGS.  That was the best roach-coach I ever dealt with, and the burritos...ahhh the burritos.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #38 on: Feb 27, 2008, 05:58 »
St. Lucie, Turkey Point, and TMI all have good onsite cafeterias.  Pickering beats them all.  But the best was that Winnebago that pulled up at SONGS.  That was the best roach-coach I ever dealt with, and the burritos...ahhh the burritos.

Gaby's. They have a fleet of 3 or 4 of those now, of which I probably covered the lease on the first one....

shovelheadred

« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:18 »
..Palo Verde..what ever you want,,specially southwestern...but that IGLOO cooler from the house always has some homegrown groceries inside..

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #40 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:28 »
Diablo Canyon's cafeteria had some pretty good meals. A little pricey, but good food.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #41 on: Apr 04, 2008, 06:38 »
Diablo Canyon's cafeteria had some pretty good meals. A little pricey, but good food.

Had a few nice meals there this time (the tri-tip was esp. good), but they have been slipping over the years.  Still good food if you catch it fresh, but along about 2330 the dishes that have been sitting under heatlamps since morning are looking pretty rough...glad they have the grill, too!  :)

I just found out this outage that they will make custom pizzas!  Call ahead at X4227.  Order a Pepperoni, Pineapple, & Jalepeno, and they'll know who sent you!  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #42 on: Apr 04, 2008, 08:09 »
...Order a Pepperoni, Pineapple, & Jalepeno, and they'll know who sent you!  ;)

Does that come with a side of Pepto-Bismol?

To each his own, but YUCK!  :o
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #43 on: Apr 04, 2008, 08:24 »
I remember 3 different vendors in the parking lot at Peach in the early 90s. They made some good breakfast sandwiches. Frank Mojica's burritos were always good.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #44 on: Apr 04, 2008, 10:22 »
The Ryder's sausage haus roach coach on the Lazy H ;D  Gotta love a Death Dog heart attack on a plate w/lots of jalapenos :D  Have a bum like a Japanese flag, but worth it.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

LaFeet

« Reply #45 on: Apr 23, 2008, 07:59 »
Can we be a bit arrogant and say that the food I bring in for the pot lucks is best .... no   Im sorry  I cant cook

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #46 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:08 »
The Ryder's sausage haus roach coach on the Lazy H ;D 

Yeah, I got food poisoning from the Lazy-H roach coach...it's the only job I've ever had that I was glad to get food poisoning, 'cuz it was better than going in to work...  :/
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline MidnightMeterMan

• Light User
« Reply #47 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:58 »
Palo Verde...If only you had time to walk all the way out to the cafeteria... :P

Chimera

« Reply #48 on: Jun 10, 2013, 08:30 »

I vote for Gaby's, also.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #49 on: Jun 10, 2013, 12:19 »
I vote for Gaby's, also.

2 sights that warm an ex-sailor's heart.....seeing the mail bag come over the lines during UNREP and landing on the deck, and afternoon changeover of the Gaby's morning truck and afternoon truck, so you (and the raccoons in the switchyard) can smell the freshly fried food for swings!  ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?