Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu CAROL "GIBBSY" honeypot

Author Topic: CAROL "GIBBSY"  (Read 11697 times)

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
CAROL "GIBBSY"
« on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:25 »
 O:) [SadPanda] [SadPanda] O:)

It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I have to let our nuclear family know of the Passing of Carol “Gibbsy” Gibbs on Dec. 2, 2015 in Oak Ridge, TN. Carol Spent nearly 50 years in the industry before retiring in 2007 and moved to TN with Alan Cobb who was with her at the time of her death.
Unfortunately, Carol couldn’t enjoy her retirement years as she had planned due to a series of past health problems hindered her life in the “GOLDEN YEARS”. Finally after being diagnosed with Lung Cancer several months ago she didn’t have the spirit or fight left in her.
Carol was always outdoors doing something, whether it was hiking, skiing, sailing, or bicycling.  Her love of animals was undying, it ranged from Frogs, Rabbits, Chinchillas, Dogs, and Stray Cats (even though she was allergic to them) Raccoons, and Squirrels to name a few.
She was always laughing and full of life, she made her friends fall on the floor in laughter. If you were her friend you knew it because there wasn’t anything she wouldn’t do for you. She had a giving heart of Gold.
I will miss her dearly as I remember back in 1979 seeing her strolling across Millstone for the first time and I am happy and proud to say that on Thanksgiving I was able to visit with her one last time.
My heartfelt condolences go out to Alan Cobb and Gibbsy’s Family
God Speed my dear friend GIBBSY.
Love Finni and Triste  [SadPanda] [SadPanda]
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: CAROL "GIBBSY"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2015, 05:04 »
my deepest condolences to Mr. Cobb and all the Gibbs family,..

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Wojo

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2015, 07:49 »
Alan, my condolences.  Carol will be missed.
Lost my boots in transit, pile of smokin leather, nailed the retreads to my feet and prayed for better weather - J Garcia

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2015, 10:44 »
Alan, just wanted to say you and yours are in my prayers.  Carol was truly one of a kind and the world is worse off without her.

As always,
Eric

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline c-tech

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2015, 10:57 »
So sorry to hear about Carol I always enjoyed working with her my prayers are with you Alan, Kevin and the rest of the family.
Ron Scone

Offline viceltic

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2015, 11:21 »
So sorry to hear, Carol truly was one of a kind.
Vicki Litton

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2015, 07:27 »
worked with carol decades ago. she was one you don't forget for the good reasons.my condolences and sympathy.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

ljeanniepc

« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2015, 08:41 »
Alan so sorry to hear this.... She will be missed.

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2015, 12:49 »
Carol was a very Classy Lady! We also worked with her many times at Millstone. Alan, Hawk and I send our deepest condolences for your loss!
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2015, 07:31 »
I had the pleasure to work with Gibbsy back in the mid 80's at Calvert and again in 2000-2002 at Maine Yankee. What a pleasure it was. She was one of those people that you never forget.
Allen, please accept my sincere condolences.

Morris Patterson

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2015, 03:48 »

I had the pleasure of working with Carol at Calvert back in the 90's, she was a very nice Lady with a giving heart.
Alan my prayers are with you Bro. and the family ! The Industry has lost one the good ones !!! Pbooth

cheesehead1953

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2015, 12:35 »
I worked several HP jobs with Carol, including Calvert Cliffs in the mid 80s.  Great sense of humor and always fun to be around.  God Bless Carol and her family. 

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:27 »
Loved that girl!
Calvert Cliffs 1989.... and most of the 90's. She was definitely one of a kind. Hadn't see her is years but thought of her often.
May your soul rest in peace Gibbsy

Missy

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2015, 12:45 »
I have been out of the country for a while and missed this until now.

I worked with Carol several times (and for a while at Calvert) and I am really sorry to hear this. Like several others here I had not talked to her for a long time but I think of her a lot... mostly when I go sailing. One Saturday at Calvert I taught a contractor training class (Safety) and everyone was anxious to know when we would be finished... I told the class that the training was optional and they could leave when they wanted. They all insisted they wanted the training but had a post-class sail on Carol's boat planned and invited me to join them. Carol and I were the only experienced sailors in the group and we all had the best time out on the Chesapeake Bay that afternoon. I will never forget it. I will never forget her, either.

RIP my dear and condolences to her loved ones.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline jillcaceres

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2016, 11:24 »
 [SadPanda] [SadPanda] So sorry to hear that Carol has passed on, she will be sorely missed. Alan keep your head up it will take time to get over this.

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #15 on: Jul 05, 2016, 12:56 »
I am sorry to hear about this, I wish I would have known sooner.  Carol wrote my brother and I the sweetest letter after my dad passed.  I regret not keeping a closer contact with her, she was always fun and loving and so sweet to be around.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?